Chapter 16: Family

"Come on! Hurry up!" I said rushing Lupin.

"I'm walking with a cane if you haven't noticed." Lupin said hobbling behind me.

"Oh right! Sorry about that," I sat slowly my pace.

It was Christmas day. I had already given Draco his present. He was ecstatic but he promised that he wouldn't tell Lucius about it though. We didn't need any more drama there. Draco and I hadn't been speaking much. Narcissa was already working hard so that I could keep Draco. I didn't want to make her job hard by angering Lucius. It killed me not t speak to Draco but I had to protect him. So back to what was happening now. I was running down the hall to Gryffindor common room to give the other kids their gifts with Andrew in my arms. Lupin was hobbling along after us. I wasn't going to leave him alone on Christmas. Severus and I were going to spend Christmas evening together.

"Where's that boyfriend of yours?" Lupin asked catching up to me.

"I'm spending Christmas dinner with him." I clarified.

We entered the Gryffindor common room to find all the Weasleys awake along with Harry and Hermione.

"Merry Christmas!!" I said to them.

"Merry Christmas!" The all shouted back.

I put Andrew down on the carpet with Ginny and helped Lupin into a seat.

"Alright. Accio presents!" I said clapping my hands.

Presents flew into the room and went to each of their rightful owner.

"Gosh Professor you really didn't have buy us all of these presents!" Hermione said.

"Speak for yourself. Thanks so much!!" Ron exclaimed.

Everyone opened their presents even Lupin.

"Thank you Stace, your amazing." Lupin said opening his gift of Defense Against The Dark Arts books and some other stuff.

I wasn't too sure what they were but the store manager - a friend of mine - told me any D.A.D.A teacher would love it. I opened Andrew's gifts for him. They were toys and some clothes.

"Um ... Godma do you uh -" Harry stammered.

I laughed,

"No Harry I didn't forget about you about. I wanted to give your gift after all the commotion."

Everyone watched excitedly now especially Harry. I let out a whistle and a tiny package came in and landed on Harry's lap.

"Well open in!" I said excited.

Harry opened and caught the present. It didn't come out. He stood up and started to pull the present out. When he finally did he threw himself at me, crushing me in a hug.

"Wicked!" The twins exclaimed.

"Thank you! Thank you! You are the best!" Harry exclaimed.

He went back to his new Firebolt. Newest edition. Everyone ogled over his broom before talking to me.

"Alright Professor your turn. Sorry Professor Lupin we didn't know - we are sorry - but -" Ginny said awkwardly.

"Don't worry there, beside I only got Andrew a gift because I didn't know I was going to see you all either." Lupin said laughing.

"Alright. First time I am happy not to get a gift!" Ginny said laughing, "Alright Professor here are your presents."

I clapped excited as they gave me presents and Lupin gave me and Andrew our presents. I loved everything I got. It was clothes to my favourite books and much more. It was an amazing Christmas. They even gave Andrew his presents. I opened them for him and in his own baby-like-way he said he loved them. Percy and I were sitting with Andrew while Lupin came over with a camera sitting near me. Everyone was playing with their gifts or eating sweets from Molly.