Chapter 21: Saving a Life

"Oh no," I said quietly.

I got up and ran to the door. Ethan ran behind me and Rose followed slowly behind. I opened the door and there stood Severus. His eyes grew wide and went from me to Ethan.

"Severus," I gasped and I felt my tears coming back.

"I'm going to have to clear my schedule for the entire week at this rate." Rose said with her mouth hanging wide open.

"Stacey get inside near the grinch. It is cold here." Ethan said and I quietly retreated to Rose.

"Severus why are you here?" Ethan asked casually.

"I got an owl from Demetrius saying she needed to tell me something right away," Severus answered staring at me. But Ethan didn't let him pass.

Ethan turned around and faced me,

"You told Demetrius?" Ethan asked annoyed.

"He knew it was going to happen!" I snapped back.

"Knew what was going to happen?" Severus asked pushing Ethan aside roughly and standing near me.

Ethan slammed the door closed and walked over.

"Please let us just work it out and then tell him. Stacey you said you had feelings for me!" Ethan exclaimed.

Severus glared at me. I couldn't believe Ethan and neither could Rose because she shouted a Ethan,

"Oh quit making lies! She said she was confused and that she loves him!"

Severus took out his wand turning to Ethan and snarled dangerously.

"You're playing a dangerous game,"

"Gentleman what behaviour is this?" Demetrius asked coming down the stairs, "Especially in front of ladies. Severus my boy, welcome. Everyone to the living room."

Rose and I quickly obeyed and went to the living room.

"To the living room!" Demetrius repeated to Severus and Ethan who were still glaring each other down with death glares.

They didn't move so I got up and went to the doorway to see Severus and Ethan and said,

"Severus, Ethan listen to Demetrius."

Severus was the first to walk away but he didn't go to me. He sat down in a chair alone. Ethan followed and sat beside Demetrius. I returned sitting beside Rose.

"This is like a soap opera. What is Sirius Black going to walk through that door next for Stacey? Maybe even Clyde." Rose said sarcastically not amused with Ethan for lying and Severus for coming early.

"Alright so what seems to be the problem?" Demetrius asked.

"The problem? Sir is that even a question? I get an owl from you saying that Stacey needs me. I come and find out she has feelings for this guy?" Severus replied angrily.

"Severus I don't!" I fought back desperately.

"You are just upsetting her. You have known her your entire life. Can't you see that something's different in her? She doesn't love you!" Ethan snapped.

"You're right. I have known her, her entire life. I know that she doesn't love you." Severus snarled.

"And what makes you so sure?" Ethan argued leaning out of his chair furiously.

"Boys that's enough." Demetrius said patiently. Severus and Ethan listened and sat back in their chair.

"Well you didn't seem to happy to see me Stacey. Why is that?" Severus asked me.