Chapter 20: The Big Mistake

"Good job this week Stacey," Demetrius said sitting beside me.

I was crying near the fireplace.

"I'm done Demetrius. I can't stand watching all those people die every time. I don't want to anymore. Not my mom, not Mark, not my dad. I don't want to relive all those funerals and I don't want to lose Sirius again. I don't want to feel him being ripped out of my arms again. Please." I cried in my hands.

"I am sorry. It must have been terrible going through it once but over again .... I can only imagine. Training will get better. I promise. You still want this right?" Demetrius ask putting a comforting arm around me.

I thought about it for a bit and answered,

"Yes I do. I want to master this power more than ever,"

"Alright then I will completely support you through it all. Just be careful for the next two days. You're fragile and confused now because your mind is tired."

I looked at Demetrius curiously. He had said this so many times recently. I wondered what he knew.

"Anyways I have something for you. It came your third day here. Sorry I didn't give it to you right away. It's because I didn't want you too distracted. I hope you understand." Demetrius said handing me a letter he took out from the side drawer beside him.

I took the letter and smiled to myself. I could tell by the writing who it was from. It was from Severus.

"Oh! And these two as well," Demetrius remembered handing me more letters.

I laughed.

"Thank you Demetrius,"

"Go my child and read them. I'm sure it will be nice to hear from your friends back at Hogwarts,"

I thanked him again and made my way to my room. I say at my desk and opened Lupin's letter first,

'Hello biffle. How are you? I hope your classes are alright. Andrew really misses you. We all do. I didn't get any news from Padfoot. I bet he is okay though. I mean he always is. What did you tell Severus in the letter you sent him? He got it during breakfast. Everyone knew it was from you because of Bella. She is a magnificent owl. But that's beside the point. When he opened it he seemed really worried though he worries about you often. Anyways take care and I can't wait to see you again. Love always, Remus Lupin.'

I smiled warmly at the letter. It was really good to hear from him. Next I opened Harry's letter.

'Hi godma, how are you? I'm doing alright here. I managed to create the patronus charm and shield myself from a dementor. Well it was a boggart but no matter. I hope you are keeping well. I can't wait to hear about your classes. Harry.'

Wow. That kid never failed to impress me. Finally I opened Severus' letter.

'Stacey, I'm fine and so is Andrew. He misses you but don't worry. It doesn't matter if it was a day or 2 years I still miss you my love. Of course it will be difficult. You are saving people from death but I know you will be fine. I'm sorry you have to go through that alone. I felt terrible for not being there for you. If you need me there tell me and I will come right away. Just think of this; when you come back to us you can make new happy memories. Don't dwell on the past although that's hard to say since you are reliving it. I'm sorry. You aren't hurt right? You better not be. I love you too. Reply soon please.'

Gosh, I missed him so much. I replied to each and everyone of them. I also made sure to tell Severus that Ethan was here just to let him know. I didn't want him finding out through someone else. I finished the notes and sent them off with Bella. I also wrote an apology for the late replies. I stood out in the balcony and watched the noon sky. Something inside me didn't feel right. I had this bad feeling that I could explain. But pushing it aside I thought about Sirius and wondered how he was doing. I could wait till we cleared his name. Everything would be on its way to getting better.