Chapter 25: Everything's Alright

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy yet relax. It was a strange combination but it was how I felt. I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. Andrew was sleeping beside me. After sometime last night he didn't want to sleep in his crib so I let him sleep in my bed. I waved my hand and the curtains and windows opened and let in the warm sunlight and cool morning breeze in. I wondered where Sirius was by now, and how he was doing. I knew that I had to try to work on ways to drop all charges on him. Another year was over. I thought about Severus next. I wondered if he was thinking of me or not but more importantly I was wondering if he had forgiven me yet. Oh well, I would just give him the time and space he needed. I wonder how Lupin took all of this ... shit Lupin! I shot out of bed and gave Andrew and shower and dressed him. In all the commotion I forgot that Lupin transformed last night and fought me and Sirius. He was probably in terrible shape and worried as ever about Sirius. I placed Andrew in his play pen and I rushed to shower. I didn't have time to enjoy the calming feeling running through my body. I got out and dried my hair, deciding to keep it natural today. With a few more minutes I managed to put on some light makeup and skinny jeans with a floral shirt which slightly revealed my stomach. I slipped on a cute casual pair of heels. Taking Andrew in my arms I quickly made my way outside. I dashed through the halls wishing some students on the way there. I ran into the office and I felt my heart break a little.

"Lupin, I am so incredibly sorry." I apologized walking in.

He was bruised and looked completely torn apart. Lupin turned and faced me smiling slightly.

"It's fine Stacey. You didn't mean it. Where is Sirius? Did they ...?"

"No, that's the good news! They freed him, Harry and Hermione, he is on the run but he still is free!" I said hugging him with my free arm.

"That's wonderful! But how did they save him and Buckbeak?" Lupin asked.

I remembered Hermione's time turner and it made a lot of sense now.

"Hermione's time turner. Remember she received it on the first year?" I told him as he beamed remembering.

I looked around the room and my stomach dropped.

"Lupin, why - why are you packing?" I asked tracing my finger over his suitcases.

"I resigned. I am sorry but once people find out that a werewolf is teaching their kids it won't go well," Lupin said putting his hands in his pocket trying to look like it didn't bother him. But I could see it in his eyes that it defiantly did.

"But -" I started to protest before he interrupted.

"Stace we can't avoid this. I really appreciate you getting this job for me but this is what I have to do," Lupin said looking at his feet as he sat down.

I sighed disappointed and sat beside him. I put Andrew on my lap and took Lupin's hand in mine as I stroked it with my thumb.

"So what will you do for work?" I asked.

"I'm not sure ..."

"You know you can always stay at my apartment. I mean Lupin do you want it? I am moving in with Severus now and I was going to sell it so ..." I offered.

Lupin looked up at me grinning.

"Really? I can have it? I will pay you the money later!" Lupin told me excitedly.

"Hey don't worry about the money. Take it," I said smiling.

"You're a great friend Stacey you truly are," Lupin answered kissing my hand.

"I will also be there for you. You know that."

"But really? Moving in with Severus? Wow, that's a big step,"