Chapter Eighteen

"I love you so much Alix." Henry took Alixandria's chin and brought her lips up to his. Her sweet tongue felt so good against his.

Henry pulled away, hovering above her on his hands to stare at the woman below him. She was magnificent. Long brown hair curled down to her waist, exotic almond shaped brown eyes lined in a thin strip of curled lashes. Her soft pink lips were moist from their kiss and her breaths were short and heated. Beautiful, he mumbled to himself.

Her eyes were glazed over with lust and as he ran a thumb over her lips, he felt guilt, like a stone heavy on his chest. For a while now, he'd felt as if he was suffocating, like he couldn't breathe from the weight, but as Alixandria caressed his face, he fell into her embrace. How could I ever doubt you, he closed his eyes to her touch, we are meant to be.

        "God, I just want to feel your body against mine." He ran his hands up her shirt and under her bra feeling the softness of her breasts. It had been so long since they had been intimate, and Henry had to admit he had dropped the ball.

At first, he'd chalked it up to being busy and tired from work, but the truth was that he and Alixandria had fallen into a lull. Going about their day like two friends living together, and he hadn't even given thought to it until he'd been presented with the possibility that she may be moving on and even then, he had been unable to do anything, in fact, as he thought of it know, he had no idea why he had done nothing when he knew that normally he would have acted, done anything to win her back.

Yet as Henry thought back to the past couple of weeks, it was like he had been in a trance, aware and yet unable to act as he wanted to, but now Henry was awake and it was as if he was staring at Alixandria with the same lustful eyes he used to stare at her in high school, when he first realized he loved her.

Now he would act, rekindle the love between them and never let go. God, she felt so soft beneath him.

      "I-I can't wait anymore, please." She ran her hands down his back and gripped the end of his shirt, prompting him to lift it up and over his shoulders. His shirt fell into a pile on the ground as he looked back at Alixandria below him.

        "Your turn." He looked down at her low-cut dress. "Take it off."

        "As you wish." Alixandria lifted her arms for Henry to do as he had asked of her. When her shirt was just above her navel, the sound of their bedroom door opening caught his attention. He quickly covered Alixandria up and turned to see who could possibly be there, but what he saw made his body jitter.

Am I dreaming?

Standing at the doorway was... Alixandria. How?

Henry blinked back several times, but she would not disappear. "Alixandria?"

Alixandria's brown eyes landed on the other Alixandria beneath him on their bed before she fumed out.

Henry looked down below him and immediately he jumped off the bed. "Who the hell are you?!" The girl below him was NOT Alixandria anymore. This girl had dark ebony curls, green eyes, and a totally different face. "What the hell is happening?!"

Henry grabbed his shirt from the floor and ran out the bedroom. "Alixandria, wait! Please, please wait!"

As the front door came into view, Alixandria suddenly stopped. She could feel Henry behind her, still pleading for her to listen to him. She wanted nothing more than to storm out and leave behind this place, however, she couldn't come to it. She couldn't find it within her to be mad at Henry. Or even judge him for what he had done, especially after what she had done.

She had come here with the intent of speaking with him and although this is not how she intended for their night to start it didn't mean it was also the way it had to end.

        "Alix." He sighed, grabbing her by the arm gently. "Please, let me explain."

To Henry's surprise Alixandria turned to face him. He half expected her to slap him, to be more outraged or inconsolable, but instead she took in a breath before nodding her head and saying, "Okay."

For some reason this reaction unsettled him more than if she would have stormed out. Shouldn't she feel something?

        "I-I'll tell that woman to leave first."

        "That would be a good idea." Alixandria sat down on their couch.

As Henry reached their bedroom, he was relieved to see the woman was already up and dressed. "Next time you should tell a girl you already have a girlfriend, jerk!" She shoved past him and soon after the front door slammed shut.

Henry could hear the beat of his heart as each second ticked by. In those seconds, he'd gone over every possible way he could face Alixandria or explain to her what had happened, but he himself was having a hard time explaining what the hell had just occurred.

He ran over the events of that whole night. There was no way this could have happened...unless. His fists clenched white as he thought of the voice that could possibly have something to do with this. "You are not meant to be."

        "No." Henry shook his head.

He stepped out of their bedroom and headed back to where Alixandria was sitting. She hadn't noticed him yet and he took that peaceful calm before the storm to admire her. Alixandria had come such a long way, she was brave in many ways, but the thought of leaving her left him feeling that stone again.