Chapter Twelve

Author Note: Feel free to play the song above later on in the chapter :)

~

I could still feel how swollen Idris had left my lips and I hated that I loved it. I hated that although I had told him not to follow me, he didn't. A sick part of me hoped he'd pull me back and make love to me. I could've cared less where we were. But, Henry... I had to tell him.

But first, I needed to find Camilla. If Ben was a vampire, and she was this upset, perhaps he was hurting her. I hung up as the call went to voicemail. No worries, I'd just stalk her down like I know she would do for me.

I parked my car on the sidewalk. Inside I could see the lights on. She was home, good. I threw my backpack in the trunk and made my way up the walkway. Already I could hear loud music.

I rang the bell once, twice, three times. "Camilla I know you're in there! Open the door!" When she didn't answer I went around her house. What if something bad had happened to her?

I found a small window slightly open. Damn, it would require a pull up. I used my arm strength to push it open and squeeze myself through. Shit! I shouldn't have come in face first. I tumbled but luckily the fall wasn't too much or else I'm sure my arm would've broken.

      "Some people would call this breaking and entering." Camilla's sudden voice startled me.

I pushed myself to a stand while fixing my clothes. "Best friend immunity." I smiled, but when I saw the state of Camilla I dropped my smile and went over.

Camilla was holding an almost empty beer and from the smell on her breath it wasn't the first. Her eyes were red, so clearly she had been crying and her hair was frizzled.

      "I was worried about you Camilla. This isn't like you." I opened my arms and Camilla came in for a hug.

She held me tightly, a light sob escaped her. I wasn't sure what else to do but let her hug her sorrows but her hand suddenly wandered to my ass pocket.

     "Camilla!"

She stole my car keys from my pocket and swung them around her finger. "How else was I getting these!" She smiled innocently.

     "What do you want my keys for?"

     "Well, this was step two in my plan."

     "What was step one?"

     "Not answering your calls so I knew you'd come find me. Step two was take your keys and hide them. And step three," she took a swig of her drink. "Me and you are going out."

     "Camilla—"

She shook her finger. "No, no, no. I don't want to talk about Ben. I just want to go out and enjoy a night without worry."

     "Please." She added softly.

     "I don't think I'll be dressed for the night."

Camilla took my hand leading me towards her bedroom. "Good thing I have a closet full of stuff you can borrow!"

~

As the uber arrived I stole a little something from Camilla's kitchen. It wasn't much but it could protect us if need be. Placing it in my purse, I followed Camilla out to the car.

Our driver greeted us with a friendly smile. No fangs, that was good. Maybe I was just being paranoid, but I felt like I couldn't trust anyone anymore. What if our Uber was a vampire? Did that mean werewolves were real too? Fairies? the easter bunny?