Chapter Four

"Are you sure you can't come?"

Henry was standing in front of the mirror looking over which tie to wear.

     "Henry?"

     "Yeah?" He said confused and went back to get a different tie.

If I could get Henry to come, then Idris wouldn't have to go with me. Not that I minded...or perhaps I did. I wasn't sure, but I knew deep down that it was completely okay to be out on a date–even if it wasn't an actual date– with someone other than Henry...that and Idris...

Ugh, there was always something about him that I couldn't...ignore? when he was near. Even thinking about him now made my hands tingle and my belly swarm.

Henry practically stumbled out the closet with a new shirt in hand.

     "Do you have an important meeting today?"

Henry paused looking my way, for a moment he looked upset but then he smiled coming toward me. "No, just trying to make a good impression."

     "You already got the job."

     "I know." He smirked cupping my chin. "I-I guess you're right. Maybe I'm trying too hard."

I picked up the tie on his left hand, "I think this one looks great."

He smiled and went back towards the mirror.

     "So tonight?"

     "Well about that. I was actually going out with a couple coworkers tonight."

     "Oh, I see. Well," I sighed, I guess I was stuck with Idris. "Okay."

     "I'm sorry babe." He came close and gave me a slight peck on the forehead. "Maybe you and I can have our own date night another time?"

I nodded my head.

That had been earlier this morning. All day I had debated telling Henry that Camilla had roped me into a double date, but just when I had wanted to, Camilla had shown up to class looking so nervous I thought she might vomit.

I thought she might back out, but she also seemed excited. Instead of focusing on lecture, we spent most of the time secretly looking up outfit ideas for her on our laptops and I realized if I told Henry the truth, the chances were that I wouldn't be going and that would hurt Camilla.

We left class, deciding to skip tutoring and instead get ready for tonight.

Ultimately, I decided not to tell Henry what I was really doing tonight. I didn't think he would understand it. He could be very jealous.

Instead, I decided to tell him I was only going out with Camilla. Skipping the whole double date nondate drama with Idris.

When I got home, I found Henry also getting ready for his night.

     "You look dashing."

     "You think so?" He turned to face me as I stood by our bedroom door.

     "Definitely," I hugged him from behind.

In an instant Henry turned over so he could wrap me in a hug as well. "Shouldn't you also be getting ready?"

     "Yeeeah." I sighed.

Henry chuckled and tilt my face to meet his eyes. "Are you nervous?"

     "Partly." I sucked in my lip. The thought of being out in a crowded place hadn't thrilled me. An attack was imminent, but I had to try. The other reason was because I knew I shouldn't be going, but yet, even as I thought that, my body was humming with excitement.