Chapter Thirteen Part 2

Alixandria stood face to face with Idris...well, as well as she could.

The second her eyes had landed on his face, her heart practically beat out of her chest.

There he was, as she had been desiring him to be and yet when his dazzling emerald eyes cocked her way, she felt the pull rock and wane against the penetration of his fiery gaze.

She swallowed the ball of fire that coiled in her belly with desire and rose her head to meet him dead in the eyes. And the second she had, not only had all that heat swarmed all over her, but so had the events of earlier.

He'd kissed her. Admitted how badly he wanted her to himself. Took liberties with her because she was his by a bond that was inescapable. Suddenly, she refused to believe that.

There had to be more than just a bond that made her want him, and she was determined to find out, when her focus shifted to the lack of presence of Camilla.

Crap, she cursed at herself, she had been so distracted by Idris that she'd forgotten all about Camilla. And she had a feeling that if Idris was here, Ben would also be, which explained Camilla's disappearance.

She met Idris with as much of a glare as she could. "Where's Camilla?"

     "With Ben." 

She could barely hear him over the music.

She looked around but the crowd was too thick. Without thinking, she headed out the venue. If Ben was here then they would have headed outside, Alixandria was sure of that.

Behind her, she could feel Idris. He had no trouble moving through the crowd or trouble hearing her. So she didn't even bother to turn and face him as she spoke.

     "You followed me." She continued out of the venue.

     "No, technically, I came here for Ben."

Alixandria rolled her eyes, "Why would you let Ben take Camilla? You know they are fighting!"

     "Yeah, so do most couples."

     "Yeah, but most couples aren't vampires."

His hand came over her elbow and brought her to a gentle stop. "Are you afraid he'd hurt her because of what he is?"

Alixandria gulped, knowing the double meaning behind that question. He was wondering if that was how she felt about him. Scared or possibly disgusted by what he was.

She shook her head, "All I'm saying is that she didn't want to see him tonight. I don't know what he did but he needs to give her space." Her brow rose as her brown eyes caught his hand and he let go of her arm.

     "They're in the alley."

Alixandria went out the door and made her way down the front of the building.

     "Alixandria, wait–" Idris called, "They're mates, whatever they're going through, they'll get through it."

     "Yeah, and how do you know that? Why should I trust you?" Alixandria turned to face him, not quite sure why she was feeling so angry. Trust... she thought of the word, what did it really mean without action.

She'd trusted Henry, and yet in the matter of a day all that had gone down the drain.

     "Have I ever given you a reason not to?" He paused, placing his hands within his pockets as Alixandria stood there silently.

No, he had never given her a reason not to trust him, in fact, he'd always been honest with her as far as she knew. And she realized she was lashing out at the wrong person simply because he was the one standing in front of her.