Chapter Twenty

"What do you mean you know what Idris is?" Alixandria felt her heart begin to pound, wondering if it was really possible for him to know.

     "You don't have to act, Alixandria. I know he claims to be a vampire and I know he is using that to lure you in with this pretense of a bond."

     "I—How do yo—"

     "He's not what he seemed to be Alixandria, he's just a soul sucking demon. They all are—"

     "All? Henry, how did you find out? Why haven't you said anything?"

He clenched his jaw tightly, "I don't know why I haven't. God, I can only think of one reason and it's the same reason why I think I brought that girl home thinking she was you."

Alixandria waited as she watched Henry think it over with a hand through his hair, "I think I was compelled to not intervene, and I think I was compelled to cheat on you."

No, no, no, no, Alixandria ran her hands through her hair. "Henry, Idris—he wouldn't—"

Henry shook his head, "Maybe Idris wouldn't directly, but maybe it was someone he knows." His hazel eyes went dark as if he was picturing exactly who was behind it. "I think it's time I tell you the truth about what I know." He sat back in his seat before turning to stare at Alixandria.

~

     "Have a nice day, Henry!"

     "You too Chad." Henry waved goodbye to his coworker before placing his satchel over his shoulder and making his way out the office.

The crunch of his boots against the gravel accompanied each step, but Henry paid no mind to it.

He felt exhausted today, more than usual, but he knew if his boss saw how hard he was working he would offer him that full time position that had just opened up. He couldn't wait to get home and see Alixandria. She had been acting a bit off lately and Henry wondered if it was perhaps because he hadn't been able to spend much time with her since he started his internship.

     "Excuse me." A soft feminine voice called from behind him, and Henry felt an odd sense of warmth enrapture his body at the tone of that voice. His loins coiled tightly as he turned and saw the most stunning woman he had ever seen. He couldn't look away, even as guilt settled in his chest, it was buried under the desire that swept through him. It rendered him speechless and immobile.

The woman sauntered towards him in a feline sway, hips hugged together by a tight silky black dress that tied in a bow around her waist, the neckline low enough to expose a voluptuous amount of cleavage. Her neck thin, and long, leading up to a small heart shaped face, full rosy lips like her cheeks, and eyes like liquid gold behind a thick strip of curled lashes. As she made her way towards him, Henry felt hypnotized, her long dark hair framed her face perfectly curled and swayed from side to side as she walked in those long tan legs made longer by the dark heels on her feet.

     "You dropped this."

     "S-sorry..."

The angelic woman was standing right in front of him and he wasn't sure what was worse, that she smelt so divine he wanted to sink down into her neckline to inhale the sweet aroma or that his body had suddenly felt as if it had come alive with just a look.

The angelic woman parted her lips revealing a dashing smile as suddenly a folder obstructed his view of her and he was able to snap out of his daze.

     "You dropped your folder back there." She handed it to him.

It took Henry a moment before he felt his mind align with his body and he was finally able to take the folder from her delicate hands.

     "T-thank you." He took it placing it back in his bag which he had noticed had been open. He could have sworn he had zipped it up as he left.

     "No worries," She bit her lip innocently. "wouldn't want a fellow coworker getting in trouble now."

     "Coworker?" Henry had never seen her around the office before, and he was sure he, along with every other male, would have noticed someone like her walking around.

     "Yeah, I just started today, looks like ol'Franny needed some help so they hired me as her assistant."

     "Hm, I'm sure I would have noticed you—" Crap, Henry scolded himself, he didn't want her to feel uncomfortable or have her think that he was flirting with her... but, God, she was just so... "I mean, I only meant that I didn't see you at all around the office today."

     "Franny had me busy..."

Henry felt his blood rush as his heart pattered heavier, she had stepped closer to him and it was all it took to make him feel unsteady, heated, irrational... he couldn't understand why he was reacting like this. He took a deep breath, trying to regain strength enough so that he didn't do something he would regret., but he couldn't help it... this close, he couldn't help but examine the exotic beauty that managed to dig into his primal needs, hell... he cursed to himself... get it together.

He attempted to train his mind on anything and that is when Alixandria crossed his mind, his heart warmed and he was finally able to relax, but the minute he opened his eyes, that unbalance returned as feline golden eyes stared up into his intently.

     "Although," She gave him that wicked smile again before backing off a bit. "I'm sure we'll see each other more often now."

All Henry could do was watch as she turned to walk away, heading in the direction of a jet-black sports car that matched the color of her hair.

     "See you tomorrow, Henry." She called over her shoulder with a tone that gripped his inner desire and promised of things to come. He shook that thought out of his head, but it was as if it had cemented itself firmly.

     "Wait...w-what's your name?" He mustered up his voice to ask for the mysterious woman's name. A woman who he would apparently be seeing daily now.

     "Amber." She smiled at him one last time before entering her car.

~

Author Note:

Hello readers, I'm happy to be back :) I recently started posting for the Chapters Interactive App! I decided I'm going to post Captivated on there as well 😃 so for those of you that love this story it would be a fun chance to play the game and make choices.

However the story will be called Soulbound on Chapters.

It's not up yet but it will be soon :)