Chapter Five

I smelt the strong scent of eggs and the sweet aroma of warm tea, before my eyes could even flutter open.

I was heavily asleep, but my stomach was up. Ready to devour the food my nostrils picked up on. I smiled knowing exactly what was going on.

I took a small peek with one eye and found a plate with eggs and a tea cup on the nightstand beside my bed.

     "Morning sleepyhead." Henry pushed the plate closer to me so that I could take in the scent.

He knew exactly how to wake me up. From the looks of it, he hadn't been up much longer than me. His soft brown hair was disheveled atop his head. His facial hair was gruff. And his eyes were a beautiful hazel. Henry had the plumpest lips I had seen. And I loved when he kissed me with them. The way he devoured my mouth. He was shirtless, showing me that beautiful light golden complexion. Was he going to the gym again? I hadn't seen those abs in a while. Come to think of it... his arms were much more toned and bulky.

     "You just gonna stare at me or are you gonna eat?" He smiled, sliding into bed next to me.

     "I can do both." I finally sat up. I placed my head onto Henry's chest as he slid the plate to my covered thighs. With my fingers, I followed the beauty marks on Henry's skin until I reached the deep scar by his rib cage. Then I placed my palm flat against his chest. His heartbeat was strong and steady.

Henry wasn't mad at me. At least he didn't seem like it. When I got in late last night, I found him fast asleep in bed.

As I gazed down his body, his reddened fists suddenly caught my attention. "What happened here?" I took his hand in mine.

Henry pulled away, shaking it off. "I was hitting the punching bags at the gym."

     "Well make sure you wear gloves, okay."

He nodded.

     "Eat." He brought the plate closer to me.

     "Fine." I grumbled, although my stomach was content. I lived for breakfast food. Henry's hands ran through my hair gently. It was soothing. So soothing I wanted to lay back down on his chest and continue to sleep.

     "Now tell me about your night, Alixandria." He said lowly. The way he said my full name made my heart jump. My stomach twisted into a knot and I suddenly felt like skipping this meal. Did he know I had lied to him?

I pushed the plate away. Finding it hard to swallow the rest of my food. If Henry knew the truth, I was in trouble. I had learned from my past just how possessive Henry could be. It resulted in the loss of all my male friends. Not that I had many. Which meant if I told Henry about Idris... Idris would have to leave my life as well and a part of me didn't want that. Idris... Idris was a friend. A good friend.

I turned to face Henry before I spoke. His face was expressionless. There was a bit of coldness in his hazel eyes that made my goosebumps rise. He gently tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, before coming close and planting a kiss on my lips. When he pulled away he held my chin, stroking the bottom of my lip with his thumb. "Tell me about your night, Alixandria."

I sighed, "It was okay. It was a little too crowded and I got overwhelmed, but I didn't want to leave Camilla. She even made me sing on stage." I decided to skip all the Idris parts.

Henry rose a brow, "You sang in front of people?" He asked skeptically.

Just remembering it brought a smile to my face. Even if that was the cause of me having to go home. "Sure did baby."