𝐱. STILL THE ONE.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━still the one

still the one. ╱ season one, episode three.
❛ 𝗂 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗌𝗈 𝗌𝗍𝗎𝗉𝗂𝖽 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝖾𝗍𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗀𝗈, 𝖻𝗎𝗍 𝗂 𝗄𝗇𝗈𝗐
𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗋𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗇𝖾, ❜

HEARTACHE IS A common thing that flowed through Kennedy as she went through the haze she called her life. Smiling faces waltzed by her, making her wonder why she couldn't be like that. The bliss that others feel, the happiness, it was never something Kennedy was able to feel. Life should be filled with happy times, it should be memorable, and fond to look back on. But in the sixteen years of her life, Kennedy had nothing fond to look back on.

Every good thing, the lights in her life faded away into darkness. Things were never permanent, things always got ripped away from her. She was never safe from people taking away the things she loved. Relationships turn sour without hesitation, at first things can taste so sweet, but it all eventually turns bitter.

Kennedy wondered if she was cursed, forced to live in the false reality around her. Nothing was real, she knew that, but she wondered if other people knew that too. She looked around at all the smiles and joy around her, questioning if it was all false. People couldn't just be this happy, life doesn't work out that way. It just felt wrong.

It was all too much, she felt suffocated by everything. By the people, her friends, family, boyfriend, feelings, everything. She just wanted a moment where everything would be calm, that there would be a bubble she could be in that would make her forget about everything around her.

The waves crashed blissfully in front of her, lulling her drastic emotions further into the back of her brain. She sat quietly to herself, wondering if things would get better if she just swam away from everything. Maybe one day, she would buy a ferry ticket, and run away from these people, from this place. The thought gave her excitement. Leaving this place in the rearview is all she ever wanted. But how she could do that? She doesn't know.

Escaping to her secret hideaway was exactly what she needed, there was no other place that could be away from her family. No one knew about this place, only one other, but he'd rather be on the other side of the island than be in Kennedy's presence, so she wasn't worried about him. This secluded beach was found by the two last summer. Wanting to find a secret place for just them, they found this private beach hiding behind a path of trees. No one was ever insight, they stayed hidden to the reality of their lives every time they went here.

It was their bubble. They were able to be themselves here, they were able to stay happy with the summer love they shared. They didn't have to worry about the future, just the now. Kennedy loved this place, it was a reminder that this was a place she was able to be herself, she didn't have to fake anything, she was able to be authentically herself. He didn't want anything other than that. He didn't want to see the person she created, he wanted the real her.