𝐱𝐢𝐯. PLACE IN ME.

❪ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗠𝗣𝗔𝗚𝗡𝗘 & 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘 ❫

𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 ━━━━━━━━━━━━━place in me

place in me.  ╱  season one, episode five.
❛ 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗆𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝖼𝖺𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗒? 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗐𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗍
𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋? 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝖿𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖺𝗐𝖺𝗒. '𝖼𝖺𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎'𝗅𝗅 𝖺𝗅𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 𝗁𝖺𝗏𝖾 𝖺
𝗉𝗅𝖺𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝖾, ❜

KENNEDY NEVER minded wandering eyes, they were a side effect how the people perceived her. The looming gazes were usually easy to ignore, but right now Kennedy tensed when anyone glanced her way. After escaping midsummers with her hand tightly gripped in JJ's, everyone refused to look away from them. Kennedy wanted to snap at the pogues around her but she knew they were only stunned by the sudden closeness of her and JJ.

Kennedy's dress clung tightly to her skin. Sweat and ocean water dripped from her skin, she didn't care about her appearance for the first time in her life. Jumping in and out of the HMS Pogue left the bottom of her expensive dress in ruins, but she couldn't care less. She was only focused on the people around her. Kennedy hadn't felt this free in a long time. The rush of leaving all of her fellow kooks in astonishment was gratifying to her soul. The heaviness she once felt lying on her shoulders was gone, soon replaced with a goofy smile that was twisted on her lips.

Her heart hasn't stopped jumping in her chest since she fell in with JJ's steps. The boy has refused to let her leave his side and she certainly isn't complaining. Every once in a while the boy shifts his gaze to her, solely to make sure she's alright. The simplest actions from the boy show her how much she really matters to him. In JJ's eyes, she's not some cash cow or a socialite that people suck until there's nothing left. JJ doesn't expect anything from her, he's not waiting to use and kick her to the curb when he's done. To him she's not some object, she's just Kennedy. His Kennedy, his person. In some way, she's always been the girl he fell in love with from the moment he saw her. Even then, he didn't care that she was broken, possibly forever damaged by the people around her. They both were shattered within, and maybe that's what made their connection stronger.

The fire crackled in front of Kennedy, her eyes were glued to it while the others around her discussed the task at hand. The moment that Kennedy found out about the gold there was a part of her that wanted to stay as far away as possible. Going on the hunt for something as dangerous as gold was nerve-wracking for her. She knew they weren't the only ones looking for it, which could lead to more trouble than she liked. But now she was in too deep to back out now and John B had made it clear that if they find the gold she was not leaving empty-handed.

Kennedy could see the leering gaze of Riley in her peripheral, but she refused to make eye contact, knowing that he was only going to send her a smug look. Since they arrived at Rixon's Cove, Kennedy has been glued to JJ's side, and it was exactly Kennedy's decision either. The boy had instantly gripped her hand since he helped her off of the HMS Pogue. She didn't say anything about it, simply because she enjoyed the affection that she ached for.