[𝐓𝐄𝐍]

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

"Katherine, we're taking that USB key." I said as we watched Steve walk away after putting the USB key that we got for Fury in a vending machine.

"He's pretty stupid putting something that important in a vending machine. A vending machine? Who the hell-" she started.

"Please don't start." I cut her off, rolling my eyes.

We went over to the vending machine when Steve and the STRIKE agents left. We opened it, grabbing the USB key. Katherine grabbed the gum that was there along with some chips and a chocolate bar, making me give her a 'really?' look.

"Shut up, I'm hungry." she said, causing me to chuckle.

~

Our phones rang and we picked them up to see 'CAPTAIN AMERICA FUGITIVE FROM SHIELD. ALL SHIELD AGENTS SHOULD KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR STEVEN ROGERS' on it.

"What the hell?" Katherine muttered. "Why would he be a fugitive?

"Now I know why Fury was in Steve's apartment..." I realized. "SHIELD is compromised." I told her.

"What? By who?" Katherine questioned and I shrugged.

Steve walked back into the hospital in sweatpants and a hoodie. He really was a fugitive. He went over to the vending machine, his eyebrows furrowing when he saw that the USB key was missing.

Katherine and I went over to him, me making a bubble with the gum that I had in my mouth, and popping it. He looked over at us, sighing when he realized that we had grabbed it. He grabbed me and pushed me into a room, banging me into the wall.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Katherine pushed him off of me. "Watch it, Captain." she glared at him.

"Where is it?" he asked.

"Safe." I said.

"Do better."

"Where did you get it?" Katherine questioned him.

"Why would I tell you guys?" he scoffed.

"Fury gave it to you, why?" I realized.

"What's on it?"

"We don't know." Katherine looked at me and shrugged.

"Stop lying!" he whisper-shouted, grabbing my arms again.

"I'm serious, Steve." Katherine pushed him off again.

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers." I snapped.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" he asked, looking at Katherine and then at me.

"Well, it makes sense, Fury needed a way in, so do you." I said.

"I'm not gonna ask you again!" he grabbed my arms again.

"So help me God, if you touch her one more time, I'm gonna fuck you up, Rogers." Katherine pushed him off again.

"I know who killed Fury." I said.

"What?" Katherine looked at me. "Why didn't you tell me? We've been here for hours!" she exclaimed.

"Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the 'Winter Soldier'." I explained. "He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years."

"So he's a ghost story." Steve sighed.

"I heard about him. Isn't that the guy who killed the French Defense Minister in 1956? It was in the SHIELD files." Katherine said and I nodded.