[𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍]

𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀

"So, the question is, who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" I questioned as we sat in the kitchen.

"Pierce." Steve realized.

"I'm sorry, what?" Katherine's eyes widened. "Are you telling me I share a last name with a HYDRA leader?" she asked and I nodded. "Ew! No! This is awful. People are gonna think I'm, like, his daughter or something, and let me tell you, my father was definitely better looking than this guy." she scoffed as she shuddered in disgust, causing me to let out a snicker.

"Katherine, calm down. They're not going to think that you're his daughter, you can forget about that." Steve sighed.

"Wh- how would you know, mister Captain America, 'do no wrong!', the guy who just came out of ice?" she shouted, making Steve raise an eyebrow at her. "Sorry." she muttered. 

"Anyway, he's the guy who just so happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." I said, annoyed.

"But, he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lumerian Star." Steve shook his head.

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Katherine said, grabbing toast from Sam's hand.

"Hey." Sam scoffed as Katherine giggled quietly.

"So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

"The answer is, you don't." Sam dropped a file in front of us.

"What is this?" Katherine asked.

"Call it a resumé." he shrugged

"Is this Bakhmala?" I picked up the picture. "The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" he nodded.

"You didn't say he was a Pararescue. Let's just add that to the list of things people refuse to let us know." Katherine sighed, making me roll my eyes.

"Are you still going on about this?" I asked.

"Yup." she said, popping the p. "I heard they couldn't bring in the chopper because of the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?"

"No. These." he picked up the file and handed it to Steve.

He opened it, Katherine watching over his shoulder.

"Are those-" she started.

"That's exactly what they are." Sam nodded.

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve chuckled.

"I never said pilot." Sam laughed.

"I think grandpa needs to clean out his ears." Katherine muttered, making me snicker, Steve sending her a glare.

"You're not funny. At all." Steve said.

"I'm a little bit funny." she shrugged, trying to keep her laughter in.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam." Steve shook his head, focusing again. "You got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam laughed softly.

"Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam said.

Steve looked at Katherine and me and we shrugged, nodding, telling him it was no problem.

"Shouldn't be a problem." Steve nodded, putting the file down.