chapter one - homework

Sora POV

I was walking through the school halls, not trying to make eye contact with anyone. All I was doing was trying to get to my best friend Levi. I'm not trying to do any more homework for anyone.

"Oh, hey, blue boy~" a sing-song voice came from behind me. I knew that voice from anywhere.

"What do you want, Jaxx?" I turn around and look at the school's heartbreaker coming towards me with a paper in his hands.

"Look Sora. I need you to do my homework for me again." He says texting on his phone, showing no emotions at all. "I have practice this afternoon and I can't do it afterward."

'I don't want to do his homework, that would be such a waste of time.' I thought to myself. "What would I get out of it this time."

"I'll pay you a twenty."

'Free money,' I thought, so might as well. The homework wasn't even that difficult, anyway. "Fine, I'll do it. You better bring the money though."

"I will I-." 

"Jaxx!" I random girl yelled coming towards us. "Can we talk?"

"What do you want? I can't you tell I'm talking to someone right now?"

"Can we go somewhere in private?"

"Why? Can't you just say it here?"

"Um, well it's a secret."

"Well you either say it here, or I'm leaving. I have places to be."

"Well, if I have to say it here, I like you Jaxx, and I think that you have a great personality. So would you like to be my boy-"

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"Look, I'm not interested in you. Do you need me to say it again?"

"No, I'm, I'm sorry." She says with tears in her eyes. She runs away from us, probably to go cry.

He sighed and handed me his homework. "So, are you going to do it for me?"

"Do you not feel bad that you just rejected that girl?"

"Nope. I get the same thing every week nothing new. But are you doing my homework or no?"

"Yeah, sure whatever," I said he gives me his paper. I walk away continuing to find Levi. I guess that's just some free money that I'm gonna get. What a loser.

-

"Hey Levi," I said walking up to him at our usual meeting spot. Nothing special, just the outdoor lockers.

"Oh, hey Sora," he replies after looking up from his phone. "Ready to go home?" I nod my head and walk outside of the school campus.

"Hey, you nerds!" We heard someone yell from behind us. "Get over here. You still have homework to do."

We turn around and see the twins, Zach and Drake walking towards us with their homework in their hands.

"Zach, I cant do your guy's homework. I already have other people's homework to do."

"Pft, so? I don't care. You're gonna do it nerd."

"He's said he's not gonna do it," Levi says, stepping in.

"Get out of the way you nerd," Zach says while pushing Levi to the ground.

"Hey!" I yell at them.

"So are you gonna do our homework or not?"

"Fine! Whatever I will just leave us alone." I grab the paper out of their and hands and they walk away like they're royalty. "Hey, are you okay?" I stick my hand out to help Levi up.

"Yeah yeah. I'm fine." He dusts himself off and continues to walk towards the front of the school campus. "I hate those types of people. Always think that they are better than us nerds. They only pick on us since we can't do anything to fight back. I mean, what do you expect the school's loser and nerd are gonna do? We would lose in less than two seconds."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Wanna go to the store after school? We could get ourselves some snacks to make things better."

"Okay, fine. Let's just get out of this place."

-

I arrive home after going to the shop with Levi. I picked myself out some chips and a Slurpee. I go straight to my room and start to do their homework. I start to do mines and it only takes me a couple of minutes. Being in honors and all.

I start to do Jaxx's homework. His homework has a bunch of phone numbers on there, probably all of the girl's numbers he gets throughout the day. I roll my eyes and continue to do his homework. Then I start to do the twin's homework too, and I finish that as well. Took about an hour to finish all of it. 'I don't understand why they can't do it themself. Sure Jaxx has practice but what do the twins do? And plus, they don't deserve to be in honors either. They probably don't even know how to do simple math.' I thought to myself.

I finished my snacks so I went downstairs to get some dinner. I look at the time and notice that it's only seven. I just warmed up some instant ramen and went to go watch tv. After I just went to go take a shower and decided to call it a night.