chapter nine part two - jaxx's perspective

TW : BIT OF HOMOPHOBIA 

"I'm going to stand by the snack bar since that's where all the action happens," Jaxx sarcastically said to the pair. "Catch you two later." Jaxx walked backwards waving goodbye and once he turned around Jaxx's smile fell almost immediately. He ran his fingers through his hair while letting out a long, deep breath.

Jaxx took out his phone again and tried calling the cyan boy but no surprise went straight to voicemail. 'He didn't block me, right? No, his phone probably died. Yeah, it's probably dead.' Jaxx hopefully thought that as he put his phone away in his pocket and walked towards the snack bar. Jaxx was standing at the snack bar with some fruit punch in a cup. Everyone at the dance seemed to have a such fun time, and it made Jaxx a little jealous. 

-

"Hey~" Jaxx heard from behind him. He turned around and found himself a blonde girl twirling around her hair around her finger.

"Oh, hi Ashley," Jaxx took a sip of his drink. "How have you been?"

"I've been amazing Jaxxy~" Ashley was slow walking around Jaxx, circling around him while she was twirling her hair. "Where's your date, huh?"

That caught Jaxx off guard and he said nothing for a minute. "They had to leave early."

"Aww, that's such a shame." She ran her finger down Jaxx's arm and from the uncomfortable feeling he felt he pulled away.

"What do you want Ashley?" You could hear the tone of annoyance in Jaxx's voice, and Ashley heard it too.

"Don't be so sour. It's not my fault your date left early."

Jaxx rolled his eyes from that comment and sipped at his drink again. He was about to walk away when Ashley grabbed his arm and said, "Come dance with me."

"What, no."

"Please," Ashley begged. "You don't have a date, I don't have a date, so if we dance together we won't look like big losers."

"I rather look like a loser than dance with some pick me." 

Ashley let out a loud, dramatic gasp. "I am not a pick me!"

"That's what they all say." Jaxx had an emotionless face as he took a sip of his drink, but Ashley was enraged. 

"Listen here you scumbag," Ashely pulled down at Jaxx's arm to where their faces were really close to each other. "I am doing you a favor. Dancing with you when you don't have a date. I'm making sure that you don't look like a loser. I know there is something going on between you and the little gay boy who didn't show up to the dance tonight. Did you ask him out to the dance? Are you a gay loser too?"

Jaxx's cold expression turned into a shocked and scared face. She couldn't know that he liked boys. She would make fun of him. The whole school would laugh at him. He'll turn into a laughing stock. "What, of course not. I don't like Sora like that. Sora and I are just friends."

"Well, I hope you're not. Do you know what that would do to your image, Jaxxy Poo? Honestly, that would be embarrassing." She seemed to calm down a bit, she grabbed Jaxx's tie and she went to fix it.

"Could you stop calling me those ridiculous nicknames?"

"Of course not, people have to know that I'm dating the hottest guy in the entire school."

"What, we aren't dating."

"Whatever. Soon you'll realize one day, that you are in love with me." She tightly hugged Jaxx nearly knocking them over. "See you on stage when you win Winter Ball King!" She walked away and waved towards him, and Jaxx left the area to go hide in the men's restroom.