chapter eight - shopping center

Sora and Levi were at a suit shop looking around at the selection they had there. It was Levi's idea to find a fancy suit for him, but Sora insisted he shouldn't find something so expensive. Levi wanted his first official school dance to be special. It's his senior year, and he had to live it to the fullest.

"Levi, I really don't think that this is necessary," Levi was pushing Sora into the changing stall with a lot of suits in his hand.

"Yes, it is. Now hurry and get into there and change." Levi could get Sora into the changing room and close the door behind him. Levi went to go sit on one bench outside of the changing room and went on his phone.

Meanwhile, inside, Sora was trying to get his tie on, but had a hard time with it. The suit fit and it was comfortable, but it was just the tie giving him problems. He took a deep breath and left the changing room. He went outside to find Levi and showed off the suit. "Nice suit, Sora, but where is your tie?" Levi examined Sora while Sora lifted the tie in his hand.

"Are you able to help me put this on?" Sora chuckled and Levi rolled his eyes? He grabbed the tie and put it on the boy. "What would you do without me, Sora?" Levi sarcastically said.

"Absolutely nothing."

-

"Come on Light, hurry up." Jaxx had Light's arm in his hand and was dragging him to the suit's section.

"Jaxx can we go home, we were here all day." Light looked really tired and was completely out of it. "You promised that we would get gummy worms after this."

"And we will don't worry. But I gotta look wonderful for the Winter dance." Jaxx said while pretending that a spotlight was shining on him.

"So full of yourself," Light walked right past him to look at some of the suits nearby.

"Which one would look better on me. A black suit or a gray suit?" Jaxx went to go accompany the other boy. He grabbed two suits that he liked and held them up against him to see what would look best on him.

"Black. Gray doesn't look that nice with your red hair." Light looks between the two with a dead expression shown on his face. "And wear this." He grabs a red tie and throws it to Jaxx. He catches it and holds it up with the black suit. "Go put that on and show me when you come out."

"Whatever you say, dad," Jaxx rolls his eyes and finds a changing room to change.

-

Jaxx walked into the dressing room but happened to pass someone who was sitting on one of the benches. Levi. Levi happened to notice Jaxx and was about to get up and go find Sora to tell him, but turned around to see Light standing at the entrance of the changing room. "Oh, hi Light," Levi slowly said while he brought his hand up to wave to the purple boy.

"Hey Levi, are you going to buy yourself a suit for the Winter Ball?" Light sarcastically said while he started walking by Levi.

Levi scoffed, "As if. I don't really feel like going anyways. I'm just here to help buy a suit for Sora. Are you going?"

"Well, I'm-"

"Hey, Levi? Do you think this suit would look good on me?" Sora walks around the corner and sees Light and Levi talking. "Oh, hey Light. I didn't realize you were here."

"I'm with Jaxx. We're going suit shopping for him."

"Did someone say my name?" Jaxx opens the door and is in his new suit. "Oh, hey Levi, hey Sora," Jaxx leaned up against the wall and said Sora's name in a sing-song voice. Sora looked away all embarrassed. "I didn't realize emo kid and Light were friends."