chapter ten - all falls down

! TW ! HOMOPHOBIA AND FIGHTING ! TW !
brief mentions of the slurs

The weekend of the Winter Ball is over, and now it is time to go back to school. Sora got to school alone, seeing as Levi was probably sleeping in again. The cyan boy planned to just sit in the classroom, probably do some reading or play games on his phone. 

"Sora!" Jaxx shouted at Sora. The redhead stormed through the crowd and made his way to the scared boy. Jaxx quickly grabbed Sora's arm and pulled him out of the school to the tree the two boys were supposed to meet for the dance.

"Where were you on Friday!?"

"Friday? What happened on Friday?"

"The school's ball

"The dance? What are you talking about?" Sora gave Jaxx a perplexed look. Jaxx couldn't tell if he was being plain stupid or if he got amnesia and forgot about it.

"The dance you said you were going to go with me with? The dance where you ditched me at?"

"Oh, you mean the Winter Dance. Yeah, that one. Um, what about it exactly?"

"Where were you?"

"I was at the movies." The boy responded ever so calmly, and that ticked the boy off.

"The movies? The movies! Why were you at the movies?!" Jaxx shouted at the shorter boy. Thank god there weren't many people around or they would have caused a scene.

"Obviously because I didn't want to go to the dance."

"So you just ditch me?"

"Look Jaxx. I hate to break it to you, but I didn't really want to go to the dance. I never did. To be honest with you, I only said yes because I felt bad. I'd hate to see anyone cry, and seeing you cry just made me feel guilty."

Jaxx filled with enrage and punched Sora in the face. "What is wrong with you? You only said yes because you felt bad? Do you have some sort of pity over me? Only because you saw me crying?"

Sora held onto his cheek still sitting on the floor. Jaxx could pack a punch and Sora felt like his cheek was throbbing. "Oh, I'm sorry that I felt bad." The tone of sarcasticness rolled off of Sora's tongue. "Can I not feel bad for someone?"

"Obviously you didn't feel bad because you didn't show up."

"Look, I'm sorry. But what we would have done if we started dancing, and someone were to ask us if we were dating, huh?"

"Tell them we were friends? Tell them that we are not dating?"

"See, exactly. Not dating. So stop overreacting and forget about it."

A shock-like feeling went through Jaxx's body. Something about that sentence gave off a bad feeling but decided to ignore it. "Fine. Let's just forget about this. There's no point in us talking anymore since we aren't group partners anymore." Jaxx stuck his hands in his pockets walking away. Leaving Sora on the floor with a bruised cheek.

A few minutes later Light was walking to school and found sora on the floor holding his cheek. "Sora!" Light rushed to the poor boy. "What happened here?"

Sora groaned and tried getting up with Light's help. "Jaxx punched me."

"What? What happened?"

"He got mad and punched me. Now he's going to ignore me. This is running like a whole cycle now."

"But didn't you ditch him at the Winter Dance? That was your fault." Light wrapped Sora's arm around his shoulder and they started walking towards the nurse's office. Sora rolled his eyes at that comment. He didn't understand what he did wrong. He only said yes to going with Jaxx to make him feel better. He would have felt like going if it weren't for the people there. Like Ashley per say.