chapter seven - truth be told

Jaxx wakes up on the morning of the presentation. He looked at his phone and read that the time was six-thirty. Way earlier than when he usually wakes up. He thought he might as well get out of bed and just go to school to see his friends. He hasn't talked to Sora ever since that day. And he doesn't want to either. He doesn't know what he would even say to the boy. But he felt like how he acted the other day was exaggerated. Whenever he looks back on that day just gives him shivers down his bones. Embarrassed by his past actions.

Jaxx goes to the bathroom to take a shower. He turns on the water and just stands there, face facing the showerhead, letting all the waterfall onto his face. He didn't feel like going to school that day. Jaxx looked down at his arms and looked at all the cuts on his arms. But those were all past scars. Back when his parents kicked him out of the house, back when his parents told him he would never be accepted in this family ever again because he's gay. He was scared. He doesn't want to feel like that again. But Sora. Sora is scaring him.

-

The redhead finally makes it to school, and great timing too because school was about to start. He actually wanted to come to school early for one, but he was just on his phone, watching YouTube, waiting for it to get closer to when he usually leaves the house. Jaxx looks to the outside lockers and sees Sora. Well, he was also with Levi, but he was just looking at Sora. He stood there for a bit, taking in his features. His cyan hair matched his outfit. He had a big scarf on for Winter with a few cyan strips on it. He had a big cyan jacket with a white sweater underneath. Jaxx soon got kicked back into reality when he realized he was staring which Sora and Levi would have found creepy.

-

"Welcome students!" The teacher said once the bell rang. "I see everyone is here today." She looked around the room but sounded like she was talking more towards Levi. "First things first, we will start with presentations. Presentations would probably take the whole day..."

"Hey," Sora whispers and turns around to face Jaxx but the redhead was looking at the outside windows on the opposite side of the room. "Do you want to go first?"

Jaxx's gaze slowly went to Sora and Jaxx stretched, fixing his posture and facing Sora, whose posture didn't get any better. "No, only nerds would want to go up first. Let's just go last or something."

"Wouldn't you rather go first and get this over with?"

"Sora, look. I don't know if you know this school, but it is very stereotypical." The teacher continues to talk to the class not noticing the two talking to each other. "And going first like this in a school presentation, makes us seem like nerds."

"So? Who cares what people think about us?"

"I do, now you're not raising your hand first."

"Watch me-"

"Sora and Jaxx." The teacher looks at the two boys who are whispering to each other. "Since the two of you were talking when I was talking, how about you two go first?"

Jaxx sends death glares to Sora while he skittishly goes up to the front of the classroom. The teacher pulls up the boys' slideshow and its projects from the projector onto the screen. "Ready boys?"

-

"Thank you for that presentation boys," the teacher starts to clap with the rest of the class joining in. "Take a seat now." Sora and Jaxx go and take their seat and Jaxx crosses his arms and goes back to facing the window he was looking at earlier. "Why are you so uptight? Are you seriously mad that we went first?"

"Kinda."

"Kinda? What do you mean kinda?" Sora tried to whisper as loud as he would without getting in trouble. "If it makes you feel any better then we were chosen first because we interrupted the teacher. Not because any of us volunteered."