chapter nine part one - the christmas dance

"So are you ready?" Levi questioned Sora, who was trying to put on his suit. "It's your big day."

"Levi, I don't know about this," Sora said while looking at himself in the mirror. "I feel like this was a mistake. I shouldn't have said yes to Jaxx."

"What? You can't back out now. Jaxx will absolutely hate you."

"Well, maybe, if I don't show up, it would be better. I mean, I don't have to talk to Jaxx. He could go back to hating me, and I don't have to deal with his annoying homophobic fangirls anymore."

"But Jaxx has been so excited to go to the dance with you. You know how many girls he rejected to be with you."

"Yeah, but they don't know that I am a boy. What if they hate on Jaxx because of that? I mean, look at me."

"There is nothing wrong with you, Sora. Maybe if you stop overthinking everything, the night would be just fine."

"Fine, whatever. Are you ready for your date with Light?"

"Scared, definitely. But I hope that tonight goes well."

"Do you think he's gonna show up?"

"I hope so. I don't want to look like a loser all alone at the dance. Like who would want to show up to some dance all alone. With no date and with no friends. I'd feel bad for them."

"Yeah, of course." Sora quietly said and leaving an awkward silence.

-

"So you have to meet Jaxx here?" Levi and Sora stopped at some tree on top of a hill pretty close enough to the school.

"Yup," Sora tiredly said. "Where's Light?"

"He said we're meeting somewhere else. I'm kinda nervous to meet up with him though." Levi looked down at the building where the dance was taking place. You could see the flashing lights from the top windows of the building. "I feel like I'm overdressed."

Sora looked at Levi's outfit. It was probably the most basic suit he could find. It was the normal suit attire, something you could search up on the internet and that would be the first thing you'll see. "Don't worry Levi, if anything, you look really basic."

Levi rolled his eyes at Sora. "Whatever. At least I'm not the one who's wearing a bright, white suit."

"Hey, it's actually light gray. Get it right."

"How much was the suit? It must be expensive since no one wears light gray." Levi said sarcastically. At this point, Sora is sitting down leaning against the tree from how tired he was.

"It was $199. I didn't want to buy anything too expensive. You know, I hope Light shows up in some bright purple suit with some sort of fairy light's covering him. Just to embarrass you."

"Lights sweet, he wouldn't do that. Wait, actually think about it, he would." Levi got shivers down his back and Sora laughed at him.

"Maybe you should go meet your little lover boy now."

"Yeah, I guess-"

"Oh, hey Levi! Sora!" Light, who bumped into Levi, was right in front of Levi's face. Levi, being the guy who is terrible at coming to terms with his feelings, was stuttering a "hi" with his face being bright red.

"Hey, Light. Ready for the dance?" Sora waved at Light and Light turned his body to face Sora and not Levi.

"More or less," Light said with a chuckle. He was also wearing a black suit, a lot similar to Levi's. Who knew Light was so basic too. But Light's tie was different from Levi's. Light's tie was purple while Levi's one was black. "Jaxx should be coming later, by the way. He got held back by some fangirls."