chapter five - injuries, trust, and love

"Okay, class, time to put away your project papers and pack your bags." The teacher clapped her hands and everyone started to put all of their papers away. Jaxx asked Sora if he wanted to go to his apartment again, but obviously, he said no.

"Come on Sora, it was fun the last time you were there," Jaxx complains to Sora, and Sora wasn't having any of it.

"Jaxx. I'm not going over to your house. Yesterday was unproductive so there's no point in going." Sora continues to pack his bag but Jaxx went to grab his arm. 

"Well, we don't have to work. The project isn't due for a while, so let's relax. We can go grab a bite to eat." Sora pulls away from Jaxx's grasp and rolls his eyes.

"You're too desperate." The school bell rang, and Sora grabbed his bag and headed towards the door. "I'm going home and working on this project by myself. You go enjoy yourself with your fangirls." Sora rolls his eyes again and walks off. Jaxx runs after him and desperately tries to stop him.

"You realize, it's called a group project? We have to work on this together, you know?" Sora lets out a sigh and turns around to face Jaxx.

"Fine, I'll hang out. But," he quickly adds on. "We are working on the project. I am not failing because of you." Sora points and Jaxx calmly pushes his hand down.

"Calm down Prince Charming, lets just go." Jaxx walks past Sora, and he quickly follows behind him. Sora holds onto Jaxx's bag, not wanting to get split up from him nor wanting to talk to any of his homophobic fangirls. They were about to walk out of the school building doors when someone yanked on his bag and dragged him into a room. He tried taking off his bag, but he ended up losing his balance and almost falling over.

"What are you doing following him around, you Nerd?" Sora knew that voice way too well. "Hello? I am talking to you! Why are you with him?"

"Look Ashley, he's the one who invited me to hang out with him. So if it's really a problem go to him about it." Sora rolls his eyes and gets up but the other girl, Angelica pushes him back down.

"Don't even try going out with him you Gay boy. Ashely is gonna ask him out to the homecoming dance."

"The Christmas dance?" Sora questioned the two girls and they stared at him like he had something on his face. "What?"

"The Christmas dance? One of the biggest dances of the entire year? How stupid are you," Ashley, who was obviously pissed off, goes to Sora and starts stomping on him with her heel. Causing Sora to shriek in pain. "We don't want Jaxx hanging out with some gay kid, especially when they are a nobody."

The scream was obviously loud enough for it to be heard outside of the classroom since Jaxx burst into the room.

Ashely went to push him down, but there was an interference.

"What are you guys doing here," Jaxx appeared behind all of them and pushed Ashely and Angelica off of Sora who was holding his leg, shutting his eyes really tight. "Come on Sora, let's go," Jaxx carries Sora bridal style and starts to walk towards the door but Ashely grabs his arm again.

"Jaxx! Why hang out with a loser like him! Hang out with someone more exciting, more popular, and less nerdy. We are definitely, better than him." Ashley says in a sassy tone and Jaxx yanks Sora and wraps his arm around the cyan boy.

"Are you being serious right now?" Jaxx almost yells at the girls. "Sure, Sora is a big overly positive uptight annoying nerd,"

"Uh- hey!" Sora hits Jaxx but Jaxx whispers something into Sora's ear but the girls didn't get to hear, and they got really mad.