Chapter 1 𒊹︎ Packing and Leaving

(^Song attached above. Not required, but highly recommended)

Sofia's POV:

"I can't wait to see you in person again! It's been like...what? One year since I've seen you!" Wendy smiled on the FaceTime.

"I know! I cant wait either! What is it like over there?" I asked, referring to the weather.

"Oh, it's pretty nice over here! There is a baseball team that you might like." She said, clearly not answering my original question, but I just continued the conversation anyway.

"Oh please. I can already hear their voices yell, 'You are a girl! You can't play ball!' Oh God I can already feel the headache coming." I scoffed a groan following right after

"Well, suit yourself!" Wendy sighed.

We sat talking and packing together for a whole hour, maybe more until she finally had to leave and eat dinner. I finished packing my last final stuff like socks and make-up stuff. Most of the time I don't wear make up but occasionally I will wear it every now and then, it depends where I'm going or what I'm doing. I moved all my suit cases down near the front door.

"Mija dinner is ready!" My mom called from the kitchen.

"Ok ma, I'm going!" I called back.

I sat down and began eating. "Where is dad?" I looked up at my mom who began serving her plate.

"Oh, he went to go hang out with Hector."

"Ah, ok." I said and continued to eat my rice.

"I'll be back, I'm going to the bathroom." My mom said getting up.

As soon as I finished my rice I heard the door open. "Hi dad! Mom made rice and meat." I smiled.

He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the head. "Okay mija, gracias." He rubbed my shoulder.

I finished my food and cleaned my dish. I was serving myself some water when I asked, "so how was it with Hector?"

"Pretty good! We just talked a bit."

"Well that's nice! I hope you had fun!" I smiled. I walked back up to my room and I decided to shower and get ready for bed since I leave tomorrow morning for Huntington to see Wendy. I live in Calabasas so the drive would be about an hour, but I'm personally very impatient so I would say that it is a very long drive.

I changed into a tee shirt with short shorts. I set an alarm clock for 8:30am since I would have to leave at 9 and be there by 10. It was 11:30pm so I'd get around nine hours of sleep. I turned off my lights and fell asleep, excited for the trip.

— THE NEXT MORNING —

I groaned and tossed my legs over the edge of my bed. I got up and started getting ready. I brushed my hair and quickly decided what I should wear. I dug through my closet and my dresser.

"Eh. This will work." I thought, putting on the outfit.

" I thought, putting on the outfit