Chapter 4𒊹︎The Beast and The Camp Out

(^song attached above, I recommend you play it when i mention it in the chapter)

Sofia's POV:

It was 7:30am and I began to get ready to go the Sandlot. Just like the previous day, Wendy had to go to work early again. She wouldn't come back until late though, either, so I could basically stay at the sandlot all day if I wanted to.

 She wouldn't come back until late though, either, so I could basically stay at the sandlot all day if I wanted to

(^the outfit you were wearing unless you wanna imagine that you were wearing something else)

I locked the door before I left and began jogging to the Sandlot. I got there and the boys were running to their positions.

Benny walked up to me, "Hey Sofie! We are already basing up, do you wanna go play left feild?"

"Sure!" I smiled. I jogged towards left feild.

Ham walked to the base and began practicing swinging with the bat, "Hamilton 'The Babe' Porter. Long-ball Porter. Come on, DeNunez."

Ham pointed his finger in the air, calling a home run. All the boys burst out laughing.

The boys began taunting Ham as Kenny pitched the baseball. He struck Ham out.

"Woah!" Benny stood up with the ball in his glove since he was the catcher.

"You call that pitching? This is baseball. Not tennis!" Ham exclaimed, digging his foot into the dirt.

"Get him a tennis racket!" Squints shouted from afar. I laughed at that.

"Give me something to hit!" Ham shouted.

"Alright, Ham. This is my heater, I dare you to hit it!"

"You'll be sorry."

"You want the heater? I'll give it to you." Kenny pitched the baseball and Ham hit it as hard as he could. It was coming towards Smalls, but the ball went over the fence. The boys began whining and yelling at Ham.

"Yeah! That's how you do it!" Ham began running the bases, flinching at the rest of the boys who were hitting him and slapping him with their gloves.

"Ham, you idiot! Now we can't play no more!" Benny yelled, throwing the catcher helmet down on the dirt.

I walked over to Smalls, "Why are they so upset? Can't we just, climb over and get it?"

"I don't know." He shrugged and began walking to the fence.

"No, it's fine I'll get it. I'm taller anyways." I put my hand in front of him.

I put my leg up and began to climb the fence. Once my arms could go over the fence at least, I heard a loud the boys start screaming and yelling no. I turned around to see them running at me like a stampede.

"What? I'm getting the ball!" I shouted.

They couldn't hear me cause they were to busy yelling. They all tried grabbing me and pulling me down but most of them were too short to reach my height. Their hands only reached to my knees. Then, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and begin to pull me down from the fence.