Chapter 13𒊹︎The Dreams

(play song above if u want to!)

Sofia's POV:

          It was about 7:30 at night and I had just gotten out of the shower. I got out of the bathroom and began brushing my hair. Wendy walked in the room still in her work clothes. "Hey Wendy! Why home so late?" "I had to work late today. What did you do while I was gone?" "Same as usual, hang out with sandlot guys." I began brushing my teeth when Wendy asked, "Nice! How was your boyfriend?" I nearly choked on toothpaste. She heard me gag. "He isn't my boyfriend Wendy." "But he could be." "Come on Wendy. He doesn't like me back and we both know it." "You've known him for what, 4 months already? Just ask him out already!" "I know but I don't  want to ruin things with him." "You won't! He isn't a true friend if he avoids you after you confess." "I mean I do feel ready." "Okay so then do it! You've gotta stop overthinking it. Just relax, I promise you'll be fine. Look at me and Squints for exa-" She quickly cut herself off and then slapped her hand over her mouth. I was in complete shock. "HOLY FUCK I KNEW YOU TWO WERE DATING!!!!" I screamed. I wiped the toothpaste and water from my mouth and jumped on her. I wrapped my legs around her waist and began squeezing my arms around her neck. "I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! YOU TWO ARE MY ROLE MODELS WHEN IT COMES TO DATING." I quickly realized that I was making her carry me and I jumped off.

"Sorry, that was a bit much." "Don't worry about it. It shows me that you truly are supportive." She cupped my face. We embraced each other in a hug again and eventually pulled away. "Wanna watch a movie?" "Sure. Which one?" "I don't know. How about a scary movie?" "Scream?" "Oh yes please! I love that one. Billy is so hot." "I know right?!" We both walked downstairs ready to enjoy the movie. During the movie I kept thinking of how I would confess to Benny. If I was going to do it, it has to be soon because I leave in 2 weeks. After the movie had finished, we went to bed. I thought my sleeping tonight would be short and peaceful, but I was wrong.

I had a dream that I was at a Giants vs Dodgers game with Benny. Brandon Crawford grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dugout. "Woah Brandon! Watch it. Wait, is this real?" "That's not important. You really like that kid, don't you?" "Who?" He pointed his head to Benny who was still paying attention to the game. "You got to tell him tomorrow kid, please." "Why tomorrow?" He looked at me worriedly. "What, Crawford? Tell me Goddammit!" "Okay fine! He is going over that fence tomorrow." "Wait, what? No no no, he can't be! He will die!" "You don't know that for sure. Is the claim about the beast a fact or some stupid scary story?" I opened my mouth to say something, but slowly closed it. "Think about it. And tell him. Your doubts on his feelings towards you could be false." He winked and lead me back to the stands.

I woke up with clammy hands and a slight pant, I don't know why. I needed to tell him. I couldn't wait any longer. That dream definitely meant something. This was it. It was the time to finally go down the risky path. I had so much to lose, but I didn't even notice. The feelings and my fast heart beat were distracting me from my overthinking. Was that a good thing? I didn't know. I left my hoodie on but changed form my shorts to some random gray sweats and white socks. I quietly closed Wendy's door so she wouldn't wake up. I check the time and it was barely 1am, Benny was probably still up laughing at Instagram memes. I peeked through his window and saw him sitting up on his bed while running his hands through his hair. I quietly knocked on the window. He opened it. "Sofia? What are you doing here at 1?" "I had a dream right now." He widened his eyes, "So did I!" "You tell me first." I blurted out of fear. I wanted to prepare myself for what I was about to do.

"So basically Babe Ruth talked to me about how I should go over the fence...to get the ball. He told me something that I can't quite remember but...WAIT! I remember now! He told me, "Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered...but legends never die."  "So you're saying that he wants you to hop over the fence, and pickle the beast?" "Yes! That's exactly what I asked him in the dream! Man, we've gotta be connected or something." "Yeah, about that. Let me explain my dream." "Alright, I'm all ears." "So Crawford told me that you'd be hopping that fence tomorrow." "Mhm. That's crazy!" "So there is something I've been wanting to tell you for a really long time already, and Crawford said that I should do it ASAP no rocky...so here I am." "There is no way! We really are connected in some weird baseball sort of ways." "Yeah." "So what did you want to say?" "Well, you've got to promise me two things. One, you won't ghost me after I tell you. Two, you promise me that if you don't agree with what I'm going to tell you, you'll still be friends with me and we won't be awkward near each other?" "Of course. I don't know how I'd feel without you." "Oh?" I raised an eyebrow and Benny turned red. "Sorry...I uh...got a bit deep there." "Don't worry. That's the same path I was about to take." "What do you mean? I'm curious now, please tell me!"

I sighed preparing to probably embarrass myself and get rejected, "Benny I've known you for what...4 months? I know it isn't much time, but I really feel like I've known you for years." "I feel the same way, don't worry about it." He smiled. "Yeah, and I feel so comfortable with you and I feel like I could trust you so much. So I was going to say..." I tried to find the rights words to use but I didn't want to sound cringe either, so I just straight up went for it. "I really like you. More than a friend if you get it." I felt calm and not so much embarrassed. On the other hand, Benny looked like he was having heart palpitations. His face was read, he was breathing heavy, he looked shocked but amused. I don't know what I did to make him look like that. Was he scared? Was he shy? What was he feeling? "Benny?" No response, all I managed to gain from him was eye contact. The kind of eye contact that you couldn't stop and that made your heart race. He opened his mouth to try and say something but nothing could come out. I was assuming he didn't feel the same way. There was tension and we could both feel it, yet we didn't know what that tension exactly was.

I got up to leave, "Sorry for bothering you, but I'll leave you alo-" Benny cut me off by grabbing my arm, pull me towards him and pressing his lips on mine. I was too stunned to even pull away and ask "what the fuck." I just let him continue to move his lips in sync with mine. He pulled away after a few seconds. "I am so sorry I should've asked I didn't want to make you uncomfy I jus-" I cut him off by kissing him. I pulled away for a split second to say "Don't be sorry, I loved it." I leaned back in to the kiss. I noticed I was still standing up and he was sitting during the kiss so I pulled away put my hand on his chest to push him down. I climbed on top of him then continued the kiss. I could feel one of his hands grab my hip and the other cup my face. As soon as the kiss was going to turn into making out, we heard footsteps coming up the stairs. "Hide! Under the bed!" Benny whisper-yelled. I did as he said and got on the floor and slid under his bed. There was knocks on his door. "Come in, ma." Benny made his voice raspy so it sounded like he was sleeping. "Are you asleep yet?" His mom walked in. "I was." "Okay, get off that phone cause I heard you laughing a bit ago." "Alright I will." His mom walked out of the room and went to her room.

"You better stay off that phone Benny." I smirked, sliding out from under the bed. "Shut up dummy." He rolled his eyes. "Jeez I was kidding." I laughed. "It's late, you should probably get back to Wendy's house." I was in the middle of the window when he said "I'll watch you walk back to make sure you get inside safe." "Wow. You're not gonna come walk with me?" "Hell nah. I'm cold as shit." "What a gentleman." I rolled my eyes playfully. He came to close the window, "Wait Benny." "What's up?" "What are we?" I hoped for a good response since I basically spilt out my heart to him. "Whatever you're comfy with. I was hoping that we could be dating?" "Of course. That sounds amazing to me." I smiled. He pulled me in for one more peck on the lips, "Alright, now go. I'll see you in the morning." "Bye Benny." "Bye Sofia."

I quickly ran over to Wendy's house and quietly ran up to her room. "I saw everything." A voice said behind me. I jumped and turned around to see Wendy emerge from the darkness in the room. "Jesus, Wendy!" She hugged me so tightly I could barely breathe. "I knew you could do it! I told you he liked you too!" I blushed, "Yeah yeah whatever." "Aw don't act all shy! We all know that two have been wanting to do the devils ta-" "Okay Wendy I think we should go back to bed." "Fine, but you're spilling everything tomorrow." She smirked. "Fine." We went back to bed and I quickly fell asleep with a stupid smile plastered on my face. My smile quickly faded when I realized something. How are we gonna tell the sandlot boys? How am I gonna tell Spooky?

A/N: YOOOOOOOO HOW DO YALL FEEL ABT THIS CHAPTER??? I WAS LIKE "OK ENOUGH WITH THE TENSION AND SHIT LETS MAKE THEM GET TOGETHER ALREADY HAHAHA. Anywaysssss as you can probably tell I suck straight up ass when it comes to writing kissing scenes LMFAOOOO sorry i tried my best and tried basing it off of other stories/books ive read lol. ANYWAYSSS NEW CHAPTER COMING OUT SOON!!!

-Sofia <3