Chapter 7𒊹︎Night Game

(song attatched above^)

Sofia's POV:

Benny knocked on Scotty's door, "Let's go, Come on! Get your glove and come on!"

"What's the big deal?" Scotty tilted his head.

"Night game. Come on, come on!"

"Mom! I'm going out!" Scotty yelled in the door.

Scotty, Benny and I jogged to the Sandlot, eventually meeting up with the other guys who were waiting at a table.

We all ran and we could hear Ham yell behind us, "Guys wait up!"

He grabbed a rib, took a bite of it and put it back, grabbed a half cooked hot dog straight off of the grill with a bun and ate it while trying to keep up with us.

We all ran to our positions, immediately ready to play. Kenny pitched the ball to Benny and he hit the ball. As soon as he hit the ball, the fireworks got 100x prettier.

Nobody was even paying attention to the game at this point. Everyone was just looking up, staring at the beautiful fireworks. I was waiting to bat so I just stood by home base. Eventually Benny finished running all the bases, getting a home run.

"Pretty, huh?" Benny came up behind me.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Really pretty." I shook my head then looked back up at the sky, as if I was moments away from Jesus coming down and taking me to heaven with him.

"I know something...or someone that's even more pretty than the fireworks." Benny smiled.

"Oh really? Let me guess, is it one of the Kardashians or Jenners?" I turned to face him.

"Well, they're pretty, yeah. But that's not who I was talking about"

"Well now I'm completely clueless. Whatever, though." I shrugged, focusing my eyes on the fireworks once more.

I felt a Benny interlock his fingers with mine after I looked away. I jumped cause I didn't know that would happen. He looked upset after I did that.

I felt bad that I had made him upset, "Oh my God, I am so sorry. I didn't know that-"

"No no no...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that without your permission."

"It's okay, Benny. I just got scared cause I thought it was a spider or something."

"How the hell do you confuse me for a spider?"

"I don't know!" I giggled.

"Whatever. Guys let's play!" Benny playfully rolled his eyes, then grinned.

We continued playing our game the rest of the night and just forgot about what happened. It was probably an accident anyway. There is no way he would want to do that.

The night went on and around 10:00pm we all decided to go home.

I got a weird feeling because since it was late a weirdo might come and try something with me and obviously Benny and Smalls couldn't beat up one grown man, at least...I don't think so.

I texted Oscar to pick me up. I offered Scotty and Benny to come with me and they said yes. The other boys were already leaving anyway.

 The other boys were already leaving anyway