Chapter 5𒊹︎The Pool

(^If you want to, you can play the song above! :] )

Sofia's POV:

I heard giggled and snorting around me and I opened my eyes. The boys started bursting out laughing, wheezing, and snorting. I was confused as to what was so funny, but then I realized that Benny and I cuddled in our sleep and the boys were laughing at us. I immediately gasped and stood up, which caused Benny to wake up.

"I knew you two liked each other!" Squints wheezed.

"Yeah-yeah! You two were cuddling! What's next? Are you going to get busy?" Yeah yeah exclaimed, causing the boys to laugh more.

"NO! That is gross! Besides, we didn't mean to." Benny spat as his face had developed a crimson tint.

"Besides, you need to go get a baseball or else we can't play today!" Benny sat up, attempting to change the topic.

"Yeah-yeah and Squints go get a ball at the store or something. I'll give you money." I added, handing them $2.00 to spend.

"No it's fine I'll pay." Yeah-yeah pushed my hand away from him.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged.

All the boys were dressed except for Benny and I so Squints and Yeah-yeah walked out right away.

I grabbed my clothes that I chose and went to go
and change my outfit in the bathroom while Benny changed in the tree house. The rest of the boys had been waiting outside in the dugout already.

 The rest of the boys had been waiting outside in the dugout already

I walked out of the tree house and saw everyone at the dugout. It was hotter than I expected so I looked thorough the mini fridge for a water, but there was only soda so I just grabbed a coke.

I opened the bottle with my teeth because my brother taught me to do it like that and there was no can opener. Benny just stared at me.

"What?" I looked at him.

"You can open it with your teeth? How do you now hurt yourself?"

"My brother taught me, trust me, I've gotten hurt before I could do it perfectly."

"Ouch, that must've hurt like hell." He winced at the thought.

"Yep. It did."

We all just smiled and sat in silence drinking our Soda in the boiling heat.

Yeah-yeah's POV:

"Come on, Give it to me!" I reached trying to get the new baseball from Smalls.

"No, I wanna carry it!" He complained.

"Come on. I paid for it! I wanna carry it." I begged.

I saw Squints completely stop everything he was doing.

"Woah." Squints mumbled.

"Give it to me!" I snatched the ball from his hand while he was mesmerized.