Identities

A bright light clicked, as Tim Drake squirmed on the knee he sat on. "How's that Timmy?" His fathers voice asked, coming from the background noise of the circus. "A photo with the Flying Graysons."

"Say 'thank you', Timmy dear," his mother said.

"Thank you." Tim obediently parroted, looking up at the 12 year old Dick Grayson. 

"You're welcome, little dude." Dick chuckled.
Leaning in close, Dick whispered; "When I come out tonight, watch closely. I'll do a special flip."

Tim smiled. The Flying Graysons were his favourite act in the whole circus.

A few hours later, the ringmaster announced; "And now, the act you've all been waiting for." The audience went silent as a trapeze dropped from the roof. "The Flying Graysons!"

The crowd cheered wildly, but none more so than Tim. Everyone's eyes were drawn to the three figures, each standing atop a platform.

The two taller figures jumped out, arms outstretched, almost seeming to float through the air. They swung past each other, as the ringmaster announced their names. "John and Mary Grayson."

Mary let go of her trapeze, caught by her husband at the last moment.

"And their son, Dick Grayson, the youngest Grayson on the trapeze!"

Tim watched closely as Dick jumped out.

Grabbing onto the empty trapeze his mother let go of, he swung. Letting go, he fell. Dick pulled into a tuck position and flipped, once, twice, three times, four. Four times he flipped, before grabbing his mother's feet, and catapulted back to his trapeze.

Landing safely on a platform, he bowed. On a trapeze below, John pulled himself into a tuck position, ready to fling his wife up again. He flew through the air, as the ropes broke.

A resounding snap echoed through the tent, as Mary and John Grayson plummeted to their deaths. As one, the audience stood up.

Several people rushed forward, but Tim looked to the boy on the platform. Dick Grayson looked tiny, blankly staring at the broken trapeze.

He scampered down the ladder, and rushed to his parents bodies. Tim buried his face into his fathers jacket, unwilling to see his idol cry.

A year later, Tim sat up in bed, gasping for air. He had the same nightmare for a while. Always the same. Meeting Dick Grayson, seeing the Graysons fall.

Looking at the full moon, he swung his legs off the bed. Tim tip-toed to his closet, and pulled a tape from behind the door, silently closing it.

The Batsignal was in the sky again, signalling to the vigilante who called himself Batman, there was trouble afoot.

Tim had followed the Batman's career since the vigilante first started. Of course he was curious about the Bat's identity, but his sidekick, Robin, was strangely familiar.

So, when Tim got the opportunity to get his hands on some security camera footage of the Boy Wonder fighting solo, he jumped at the chance.

Tim huddled in his favourite blue blanket in front of the TV in the secret lounge room of Drake Manor.

The flickery black and white footage took up the screen, as Tim rewound the footage. It wasn't a clear shot, but Robin was definetly doing a quadruple flip.

A move only the Flying Graysons could do. A move only Dick Grayson could do.

"Dick Grayson." Tim breathed. "But... if he's Robin..... that means... Bruce Wayne is Batman."

The dream part is too long I know. This has been sitting in my 'to be written' doc for too long. 584 words.