Back to the past-present-past-future-present?

"You've got to be shitting me." Jason groaned. He was bound to a chair, a glowing purple portal nearby. The interdimensional witch Klarion stood in front of him, along with his stupid-ass cat, Teekl.

"Oh, come on, it isn't that bad! It's just a teeny tiny interdimensional wormhole, it's not gonna kill you." Klarion grinned, fondly scratching Teekl's ear. "Well, it might." He added as an afterthought. "Never know in these cases."

"When I get out of here Witch Boy, I swear to god I will-"

"You'll what, shoot me?"

"Damn right."

"Well that wouldn't be fun. Wouldn't hurt, but would be annoying. Anyway, portal time! Bye!"

Klarion unceremoniously shoved Jason into the portal.

Bones cracked sharply, as Jason descended to a younger version of himself's body.

He knew exactly where he was, the second he opened his eyes.

The Batmobile stood silent, glinting darkly at the end of the alleyway.

Jason gripped the crowbar tightly, stalking  towards the Batmobile. If this really was the past, maybe he could not get caught, maybe he could live a better life.

Maybe he wouldn't die.

Jason had 3 of the hubcaps off, and turned to leave.

He knew Batman was nearby, watching, and didn't want to get caught.

But one part of his brain itched at him to go back. Telling him, the jobs not done.

Grunting softly, Jason turned heel and sneaker back to the car. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad this time.

It was.

The huge hulking figure of Batman would have frightened any criminal into giving up, just by the sight of him.

Jason turned to walk away, he really did. But he dropped the crowbar.

"So." Batman said, turning sharply. "You stole the hubcaps?"

"Y-yes."

"Where are the other three?"

Jason pointed shakily in the direction he came from, waiting until Batman had walked past, to strike him in the back of the head.

Unfortunately, he miscalculated.

The crowbar hit Bruce's back, Bruce turning and catching the crowbar before it hit the ground.

Batman glowered. "That was dumb."

Jason bit his lip. "I know."

"What's your name?"

***************************
A purple glow filled Jason's vision, and he looked around as it faded. This time he wasn't small, he was incorporeal. He held up his hand and he could see right through it.

"I don't understand." Bruce growled. He was standing at the batcomputer, and looked the same he had as the morning Jason left to find the dammed Witch Boy in the first place.

"It's been 6 hours, he should have checked in by now."

"Try his tracker again." Dick offered, leaning against a cabinet adjacent to the computer.

"I've tried." Bruce bit out. "It's offline, last known location was here."

"And we're sure he didn't find Klarion."

"Yes."

"So little faith." Jason mumbled.

"Call the others. We set out in 30 minutes." Bruce grunted, striding out of the cave.