Suffocating

He was suffocating.

Barely enough air to breathe, Jason hammered his fists against the hard wood of the box he was trapped in.

A phantom feeling grasped his shoulder as Jason struggled harder, running out of air.

The dirt was caving in on his face, sinking down his throat, congealing in his lungs.

He was dying.

"Jason!" A voice called. Bruce's voice.

He didn't hear it, not exactly. The sound was everywhere, as suffocating as the dirt.

Jason dug ever upwards, but it was no use. More and more dirt came.

Bruce called his name again, snapping him out of the nightmare. "JASON!"

Jason sat upright, panting as if he was still in the coffin.

He swung his legs over the side of the bed, and cradled his head in his hands.

"Jay, are you ok? That's the fifth time you've woken up screaming this week."

"I'm fine. It's just a nightmare, everyone has nightmares."

"Jason, not everyone wakes up screaming."

"Yeah well, we're not everyone, are we?" Jason spat, turning to look at Bruce with venom in
his eyes. He hated Bruce, hated him for making him Robin, for letting him die. For not avenging him.

"We aren't everyone, but we are family." Bruce sighed. "Jason, we want to help you! Let us, please."

Jason turned away, already regretting waking up. "I don't need help." He said, laying back down.

Bruce hesitated for a minute, before laying down next to Jason. Not that he would admit it, but Jason needed the reassurance of close human contact, to feel safe. Bruce's heavy arm covered Jason's chest, and Jason felt himself quickly falling asleep.

At 6AM that morning, Dick and Tim came back in from patrol. They normally went to Bruce's room for a debrief, but he wasn't there.
The brothers changed into comfy clothes, and walked around to look for Bruce.

They found him, Jason asleep under his arm.

Duck climbed in next to Bruce, and Tim lay down behind him. The bed was warm and safe. They were family.

Wow, 2 updates in an hour? 340 words