#5 Uncle Jace and Story time

"Uncle Jace! Uncle Jace!" cried out a not so little voice as everyone settled in the living room after lunch they had together on their day off. Jace turned around to see Max, his adorable nephew, calling him and patting on the chair next to him, asking him to sit there with him. And as Jace sat down in the said comfy armchair, Rafael sat on the other side of him, making Jace surrounded by adorable yet mischievous smiles on both sides of him. Narrowing his eyes at the both of them, he turned around facing the younger of the two.

"Yes Max?" he said while looking around to see the others settled down comfortably, also curious about what he had to say. Max and Rafael looked at each other for a second before his eyes locked again with his uncle's.

"We want a story!" he exclaimed suddenly. Jace widened his eyes for a moment before having an amused smile on his face as he lifted his now entering teenage nephew and made him sit on his lap, despite the protests coming from the comparatively young warlock.

"A story huh? Okay then, what is the story you want to hear?" He asked amused as Max continuously struggled against his grip, before sighing in defeat. But after Jace's question a thrill and a bit of an excitement was expressed clearly in his face, as he jumped in Jace's lap again in joy.

"We wanted to know the story of how Dad and Papa met, as whenever we ask them, they both just laugh and smile looking at each other. We never came to know of it!" Rafael said this time with a kind of whining tone with a slight frown on his face as Jace gave a full belly laugh at that. He turned and looked around to see everyone chuckling while Magnus and Alec nodded, asking him to tell the story.

Jace nodded back at them and turned around looking at his adorable nephews.

"Okay then. Shall we begin with the story?" He asked just to get quite a lot of nods from everyone.

"So we had just figured out that Magnus was the Warlock who had taken out Clary's memories and so, Clary and I sent him a fire message to meet us at a Downworlder party to give her back memories in exchange for the ruby necklace that he had gifted Camille. Izzy, Alec, Clary and I went out to the club to see Magnus sitting on a couch in a corner.

Alec and Izzy stayed a little behind keeping an eye on everything while Clary and I went near him. He was, as we saw in the pictures, his usual glittery self with a whole lot of makeup on. As we were talking with him, we suddenly heard Izzy shouting, "Look out!" and one of Alec's arrows whooshed past us to hit one of Valentine's men who we failed to notice."

He paused for a second to see Rafa and Max holding their breath in anticipation, Robert, Luke and Maryse a little bit shocked as they didn't know about this too, while the others lightly chuckled at their reaction.

"Alec came running a few seconds behind his arrow and went ahead to check the guy he had just shot at, without noticing anything else. And when Magnus saw Alec, he stood mesmerized as if Alec was the most beautiful guy he had ever laid eyes on-"

"That he is. The most beautiful man I ever saw." Magnus said, interrupting Jace, turning a little and kissing the Shadowhunter's cheek. This made Alec blush while the others laughed, as Jace continued with his story.

"Okay Magnus, I know that my Parabatai is good looking, I mean he is MY parabatai." Jace continued, making almost everyone roll their eyes, while he looked back at his nephews.

"But Magnus was looking at him like he was better looking than me! I mean, I think your Papa was a little bit crazy back then. He just stood there checking out Alec as he went to retrieve the seraph blade from Valentine's henchman. I still remember everything word to word that happened that day.