#8 Not a fan of Brooklyn

Alec was not a fan of Brooklyn. He wasn't a fan of anything his parents would disapprove, actually. Except for hatred towards downworlders unnecessarily. He just couldn't understand why he has to socialise with them in the first place. Not just downworlders, anyone in that case, to be honest. He was not a big fan of socialising, nor was he a fan of parties. But here he was searching for a place he doesn't know existed, to go to a party organised by a warlock he didn't know, just for his really annoying yet charmingly dumb parabatai, and his new love.

And now here he was standing in a narrow lane, among warehouses occupied by mundanes, searching for a place looking like a party by a Warlock. But one good thing about this whole thing was Alec spotted vampires' motorcycles. Sleek and silvery, with low-slung black chassis. Oily-looking tubes and pipes slithered up and around them, ropy as veins. They were a beauty, and Alec was always a fan of them. How they ran on demon energies, with special features that you can't find in mundane vehicles. He has heard real fascinating rumors about them though he wasn't sure how much of it actually was true.

"Jace!" he called out to the blonde, who was usually intrigued by these too, with a loud voice that kind of gave out his own fascination. 

He saw him turn, his hand falling from her shoulder, and Alec felt a pang. it had just been a few days and now he trusts her, he comforts her. It's already hard falling in love with his own parabatai, and him being an openly different sexual orientation didn't help Alec at all.

"Yes?" came out his reply.

"Think we're in the right place?" he asked to him, pointing at the motorbikes.

"What's that?"

And since Jace couldn't see what he was pointing, he moved from near Clary, coming to join him. He laughed in realisation when he saw the motorbikes.

"Vampires," Jace said.

"They look like motorcycles to me," said Simon, joining them along with Isabelle, who was frowning at the motorcycles.

"They are, but they've been altered to run on demon energies," she explained. "Vampires use them—it lets them get around fast at night. It's not strictly Covenant, but ..."

"I've heard some of the bikes can fly," Alec interrupted, eagerness clear in his voice. As much as he tried to be closed off, he couldn't. Not here. Vampire bikes were nearly adored by him and he didn't care if he sounded like a "fangirl" as Izzy says sometimes. He liked talking about things he liked, and so he continued, "Or go invisible at the flick of a switch. Or operate underwater."

By then, Jace had jumped down off the curb and was going around the bikes circling and examining them. He reached out one of his hands and stroked one of the bikes along the sleek chassis. The words - NOX INVICTUS - was written on the side in silver.

"'Victorious night,'" he translated.

His hand then went inside his jacket automatically to grab something. It turned out to be a flask, compact and which Alec knew was filled with holy water. Bikes like these which run on demonic energies would practically be destroyed when holy water is poured on it. And Alec hated that they had to destroy such a masterpiece. Alec was looking at him strangely. "What are you doing?" he whisper yelled.

"Nothing," the blonde replied, a little too smug.

But Alec didn't say anything more, for it was Jace, and that's how he was. And it utterly annoyed Alec how he could love such a jackass.

"Well, hurry up," said Isabelle, interrupting his thoughts. "I didn't get this dressed up to watch you mess around in the gutter with a bunch of motorcycles."