𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨

CHAPTER ZERO | THE REAPPEARANCE OF ADELAIDE CARMICHAEL.
The girl had gone missing over twelve months ago, her parents had finally stopped looking for her. They had searched and searched, not knowing where their daughter had gone or if she was alive. It wasn't until years later, that her mother had found her, standing over her sister as her eyes glowed red.

    "Adelaide?" The blonde looked up at the sound of her mother's voice, her hands and face covered in blood. "Oh my god. Eliza." The woman looked at the small girl on the floor as she struggled to breath before turning to her eldest. "You monster. What did you do?" The woman looked at her daughter in horror as she just stood there with a smirk on her face.

    "What? I was hungry." Sure the young Eliza Carmichael was an angel in her mother's eyes, but Adelaide knew how much of a problem the fourteen year old could be. She was constantly blackmailing her sister to do chores while she took the horse to the neighbors house where she did unholy things with their son, Henry. Sure she was fourteen, but it didn't stop her from doing anything and Eliza was the one Adelaide would feel least guilty about killing. Soon after Ms. Carmichael found her youngest dead at the hands of Adelaide.

    "Answer me, Adelaide. What did you do?" The eighteen year old looked down at her now dead sister and smirked, looking back at her mother.

    "I've gotten rid of a mistake, mother. Aren't you proud?" Soon, without hesitation, Adelaide lunged at her mother, not feeling an ounce of worry or guilt in her. This is what she was now, a monster, and it was scaring her but this was her new life. While she was missing, she had met a man named David and he had promised her a happy life, but it was taken away from her in an instant one day. He had asked if  she trusted him and he took it advantage of her when she said yes. When she woke up the next morning, he was gone.

..........

After that she learned that killing a human was much more difficult than killing a horse or cow and it gave her less of a chance of getting hung or electrocuted. A knock on the door spooked the girl as she sat on her couch reading a book. She quickly got up and sped to the door, looking through the peephole to see two men and woman. The woman had short brown hair, and a smile plastered on her face, like it was permanently there. The platinum blonde had his arm wrapped around the girls waist, holding her close as he spoke into her ear, making her laugh. And the other man, had dirty blonde hair, his skin paled and his expression was blank.

    "Go away."

    "We're looking for Adelaide Carmichael. Do you know where we can find her?" Adelaide listened to the sound of the dirty blonde mans voice, making her weak in the knees. His voice had a rasp and it was low, an accent poking through just enough for her to hear. "Look, we just need to speak with you, ma'am."

    "Who are you and what do you guys want?" The girl couldn't smell them through the door and she could usually smell a human from miles away. They were pale and their eyes were like hers, red. "You aren't humans."

    "I'm Alice, this is Killian, and that's Jasper, and you're right, we aren't humans, and we know that you aren't either." She quickly opened the door and pulled the three in, the three of them shocked when they stood in the doorway of the house.

    "What do you want?" She crossed her arms over her chest and stood against the back of her couch. Adelaide watched as the taller boy just stared at her, almost as if he were admiring her.

    "Your eyes are gold?" The blonde girl looked at the boy, and saw that his hair fell down to his cheeks, scars littered his forearms.

    "And your eyes are red, glad you know you're colors." She saw the dirty blonde smirk as she looked back to the brunette girl and other boy. "I'm going to ask again why you've come to my home at ten in the evening."

    "I saw him and you together in a vision. I believe you two are soulmates?" Adelaide looked at Jasper and then back at Alice, her brows furrowed in question.

    "She's not lying. I know by the way you feel that you believe her and you know it too." The girl watched as Jasper took a few steps closer to her only for her to clench her fist, her mind pushing him away from her. After she was turned, she had found out that she could control things, a lot of things. "Look, I know it's a lot at once, but it's true and Alice thought you needed to know."

    "She's omnikinetic." Adelaide watched as Alice stared at her in disbelief, Lincoln not saying a word while Jasper just stood there with his hand out, inviting her closer to him. "I'll give you two some time. Is it okay if Kil and I hunt on this land?" Adelaide looked at the girl and nodded her head before the two sped out of the old house.

    "Look Adelaide, I know you've only been a vampire for a small time, but I've been one for a while." He took a small pause, wondering if he should finish and then continued when he saw her listening, feeling the happiness begin to bubble up inside her. Sure they had met ten minutes ago, but he already felt a pull towards her, and he knew she felt one towards him. "I've waited over seventy years for you, darling, and I'd wait a million more just to be with you." With vampires, things move fast and the two knew that. Adelaide put her hand in his, immediately feeling a connection to the blonde boy, smiling. She had never felt like this in all the years she was on the earth and it had only been a few minutes. She though it was absolutely crazy but it didn't matter. When she was a newborn, she had read books on old legends and found that most soulmates find each other and almost immediately begin their new life together so it wasn't rare. "I'll wait forever and a whole other eternity until you are ready for me to love you. You can come with me and Alice to find the Cullens. She saw them in one of her visions and they're meant to be our new family and protect us." Jasper felt the girls emotions go from happy to worried in a matter of seconds. "You don't want to leave this place, do you?" Adelaide looked at the boy and shook her head, the boy moving closer, squeezing her hand in his.

    "If I leave this house, I'll feel guilty and I couldn't do that to them." Jasper didn't want to question the girl and risk her not coming with them.

    "Okay, if you really don't want to leave, like I said, I'll wait for as long as you need but we can go and come back whenever." Adelaide looked around the house, and then at Jasper, nodding her head.

    "Alright, I'll go with you."

AUTHORS NOTE
Instead of Jasper being weird and
always looking scared in the first
movie, he's going to be the hot
confident guy he is in Eclipse.

Ok that's all for now