𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN | BASEBALL GAME
    "Good thing you're here. We need an umpire." Emmett and Adelaide looked at each other as the girl awkwardly smiled at Esme. The teams were Emmett, Alice, Edward, and Adelaide against Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, Jasper, and Killian.

    "She thinks we cheat. But the truth is, we're just better and Esme doesn't like losing." Adelaides team laughed as Esme smirked at the girl.

    "We'll see who's better. Call them as you see them, Bella." The girl nodded her head as Alice stepped onto the mound and Rosalie stepped up to bat. The thunder roared as Alice threw the pitch, the ball hitting the ball with great force, making it boom as it flew through the air.

    "Now I see why you need the thunder. That has to be a home run." Esme shook her head as the girl ran after it.

    "Adelaides very fast." Adelaide ran to the ball, catching it after it bounced in front of her, throwing it all the way to Alice who tagged Rosalie before she slid.

    "You're out?" Adelaide high fived Edward as Rosalie glared at Bella. Carlisle stepped up to the plate, hitting the ball into the outfield, between Edward and Emmett, who both jumped for the ball and collided with each other, falling into a fit of laughter. Up next was Jasper, flipping his bat in the air before stepping into the box. Jasper watched as the ball came towards him, hitting it beyond the trees before Alice stopped and yelled.

    "Stop!" Before she knew it, the whole group was next to her making sure she was okay. Edward is immediately at Bella's side as the family instantly gathers at home plate. "They were leaving but they heard us." Adelaide and Jasper looked at each other, Adelaide raising her brows and nodding her head towards Bella. Jasper gave her a small nod and grabbed her hand, bringing her close to him.

    "It'll be okay. Edward, get her out of here." Edward nodded his head, thinking the same thing Jasper was, and grabbed Bella's hand, guiding her to the car.

    "Let's go." Bella looked at him in confusion as Carlisle grabbed his arm, stopping him.

    "It's too late." Adelaide let out a groan as Edward took Bella's hat off, making her hair fall out of her rubber band.

    "Please, Ed, like that'll do anything. I could smell her from beyond the trees. Bella, stay behind all of us. I don't need you messing it up for us."

    "I shouldn't have brought you here. I'm so sorry." She was going to ask why, but to Bella, it sounded like a dumb question. There's a faint rustle and three vampires emerge. Just as Bella finished putting her hair down, the three stop in front of them, barefoot and eyes glowing red, one of them holds up the baseball.

    "I believe this belongs to you." He tosses Carlisle the ball, the ball still spinning rapidly. "I'm Laurent. This is Victoria. And James."

"I'm Carlisle, and this is my family." Jasper placed a tight grip on Adelaides waist, holding her close to him. "I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us." The vampires smirk quickly fades, looking at all of the vampires in front of him.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory had been claimed."

"Yes, we maintain a permanent residence." The three newcomers exchange a look of surprise before turning back to the clan with soft smiles on their faces.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem any more." Adelaide met eyes with the man who never once removed his eyes from her family, his red ones piercing through her golden brown ones. "We we're just passing through."

"The humans were tracking us, but led them East. You should be safe." Carlisle chuckled and nods his head with a kind smile.

"Excellent."

"So, could you use here more players?" Jasper, Emmett, Killian, and Adelaide looked at each other, smirks growing on each of their faces. "Oh, come on, just one game." Carlisle finally agreed to it, knowing if they kept the vampires distracted, Edward could get Bella out of there.

"A few of us were leaving. You could take their place. We'll bat first." The three vampires smirked to each other as Carlisle passed the woman the ball, a devilish grin plastered across her lips.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball." Adelaide smiles at the girl, shaking her head.

"Oh well I think we can handle that. You should see my screw."

"Oh." The red head laughs as she and Adelaide smiled with each other. "We shall see." The blonde mans eyes never move off of Bella before he turns. Suddenly a gust of wind blows Bella's hair, her scent floating through the air, making the man turn.

"You brought a snack."

AUTHORS NOTE
wrote this in history..
Hope u guys enjoy