𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX | A GUEST FOR DINNER
    "She's here." The family looked up as the girl closed her eyes, sniffing in the mortal girl's scent as Jasper grabbed ahold of her hand. "It's hard for all of us, darling." The blonde nodded her head and continued cutting up the carrots for the salad. Esme had insisted on cooking the girl dinner even though the family didn't eat, saying it was a good excuse to finally use the kitchen.

    "I could've just went on a hunt and brought you meat instead of letting you spend all that money on a single piece." Carlisle chuckled and shook his head at the youngest, smiling at her as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

    "Although, I do believe Bella would appreciate the kind gesture, I don't think she would be a very big fan of mountain lion, Adelaide." The family all smiled, enjoying the smile talk until Edward and Bella came up the last steps, the girl giving everyone a very awkward smile and wave.

    "Bella, we're making Italiano for you." Adelaide and Jasper finished cutting up the vegetables and placed them in the bowl before making their way to the front of the counter, Adelaide leaning back on the edge whilst Jasper stood next to her, arms crossed.

    "Bella, this is Esme, my mother for all intents and purposes." Emmett waved the knife at the poor girl as Rosalie walked around the counter and grabbed the salad bowl to put on the dining table.

    "You've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time." Adelaide nodded along as Bella awkwardly stood tucked by Edwards side, like a scared child. It made Adelaide smirk.

    "I hope your hungry, Bambi." Edward glared at Adelaide, making her grin. "I'm only joking, Ed, and besides, it fits, don't you think?"

    "Settle down, kids. We don't want to go scaring our guest." Adelaide smirked at her brother and raised her brows, letting him know she won.

    "Actually, she already ate." Rosalie stood next to Adelaide and crushed the salad bowl with her hands as Adelaide rolled her eyes.

    "Perfect." Emmett sighed and walked over to Rosalie and placed a hand on her shoulder, calming her down.

    "Yeah, it's just because I know that you guys don't eat-" Before Bella could finish, Adelaide cut her off mid sentence.

    "Of course, Bambi. How considerate." Edward placed his hand on Bella's hip, pulling her closer to him and away from the girl.

    "Just ignore them, I do."

    "Yeah, let's just keep pretending this isn't dangerous for all of us." Emmett tapped Rosalies arm, letting her know that was enough as Bella looked into Adelaides eyes, beginning to panic.

    "I would never tell anybody anything."

    "We know because we wouldn't let you." Jasper placed his arm around the girl, using his powers on her. "You see, the problem is, you two have gone public now, so-"

    "Adelaide."

    "No, she should know. The entire family will be implicated if this ends badly." Edward looked at the two girls and then to Jasper and Emmett, who shook their heads at the boy.

    "Badly, as in... I would become a meal." Adelaide scoffed and chuckled.

    "Oh please, you're the last thing I'd stick my fangs into. We only eat animals, haven't had a human since the forties." Just as Adelaide finished her sentence, the sound of wood crunching made her look up towards the balcony to see Killian and Alice coming back from a walk.

    "Hey Bella. I'm Alice, and that's Killian." The bubbly girl walked up to Bella and hugged her, startling the girl but bringing a smile to Edwards face. At least one of his sisters liked her. "Oh, you do smell good." The whole time the family spoke, Jasper never said a word and stayed close to Adelaide, hoping he could distract himself from the girls scent but as soon as Alice brought it up, he couldn't concentrate any longer and kept his eyes on the Swan girl.

    "Alice, what are you-"

    "It's okay, Bella and I are gonna be great friends." Bella would constantly look up and meet eyes with Jasper, making her uncomfortable.

    "Sorry, Bambi. He's a bit new at this whole vegetarian thing. It's a little hard for him." Adelaide placed her hand in Jaspers and whispered to him. "You won't be able to smell her for the rest of the night." Bella watched as Jaspers eyes went from gold to white, to back to gold before he brought his other hand up to the bridge of his nose, lightly squeezing as he shut his eyes.

    "Thanks, Laide." The girl rested her head on the boys shoulder as Bella watched in awe, wondering what else she could do.

    "Anytime."

    "Alright, Im gonna take you on a tour of the rest of the house." Adelaide smiled as the two walked out of the kitchen and then groaned, letting go of Jaspers hand and making her way to the couch in the living room.

    "She's making me go crazy, Carlisle." The girl placed her hand over her eyes as Jasper walked over to her, lifting up her legs, sitting down, and then placing her legs over his lap.

    "You could just tell yourself you can't smell her."

    "You know I can't use my powers on myself, Jas."

    "It was a good idea."

AUTHORS NOTE
IM BACKKKKK