𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

CHAPTER FOUR | BELLA SWAN
    "What the hell do you mean, you aren't going? If you don't come, she's going to question us and I don't want to talk to her." Edward glared at the two girls as they questioned him, not worrying about his own family's safety but the girl's.

    "Look, I have to stay home for a while and you can't change my mind. Adelaide, when you met Jasper, the both of you had already turned. Rosalie, when you met Emmett, he was half dead. This is just a different way of meeting my mate, is it not? How is she different than them?" Rosalie scoffed and crossed her arms, shaking her head.

    "Jasper and Emmett won't ruin our family." Edward looked between the two girls before saying his goodbyes to the rest of his family and leaving the house. "If she comes near me, I'll break her arm off her body."

    "We should have Alice talk to her then." The two girls looked at each other before laughing, Rosalies arms wrapping around Adelaide, pulling her into a hug.

    "Love you, Ads." The girl pulled away from Rosalie, a smile on her face.

    "Love you too, Rosie." Almost everyone knew Rosalie Cullen hated a lot of people, but she loved her family.

..........

    "Hey, Adelaide, right?" The girl sighed and let go of Jaspers hand, turning to the brunette behind her. Adelaide looked at Jasper and nodded her head, telling him it was okay to go before he kissed her forehead and left, leaving the two girls. "You're Edwards sister, right? I'm Bella Swan." Adelaide looked down at the ground before nodding her head, wondering why the girl was talking to her. "Do you know where he is by chance? It's just he hasn't been to school in a couple days and the rest of you guys are here."

    "Oh yeah, I guess he didn't tell you. He's a bit under the weather. Guess he didn't feel the need to check up with you on that." Adelaide began walking away from the girl, but stopped when the girl grabbed her arm, pulling her back.

    "I'm sorry. Look, I just wanted to know where he was, if that's too much to ask." Adelaide felt the presence of her lover behind her, making her sigh and close her eyes, trying to calm herself but no use. She felt a wave of calmness float throughout her body as she opened her eyes back up. Jasper draped his arm over her shoulders and began to talk.

    "He's just a bit sick and should be back in no time. Now, excuse us." The girl was thankful that Jasper was there in time to keep her calm.

    "Thanks, Jas." The boy nodded his head and removed his arm from her shoulder, only to hold it out for her.

    "Just doing my duty, ma'am." Adelaide interlocked her arm with his and smiled at the man she loved.

    "Well, it was a duty done well, major." She had used the fakest sounding country accent, making Jasper laugh as they made their way to lunch where Bella continuously stared at them, wondering where their brother was.

    "How long do you think she'll keep bugging us about it?" Adelaide sat there, staring at the girl as the rest of the group talked.

    "Till he comes back, I'm afraid." Her legs were draped over Jaspers lap, his hand resting on her thigh, squeezing it to bring her out of her gaze. "What's wrong?" Adelaide looked at the boy and placed her hand over his.

    "He's going to tell her what he is, what we are." For the first time in a while, the boy had felt her worry. He sent a wave of calmness for the second time that day, which the girl was very much thankful for.

    "Hey, we'll be okay." 

..........

    "It's so pretty out today, you want to come with me?" Jasper looked up from his homework to see Adelaide with a smile on her face as she stood against the doorframe.

    "Well where do we plan on going, sweetheart?" She shrugged her shoulders as the boy got out of the desk chair and walked over to her, intertwining their fingers together. They quickly made their way outside before Adelaide looked up at him with a smile on her face.

    "You want to go on a walk?" Jasper replied with a, sure, before the two began to walk through the woods, making their way through all the trees. "You want to go to a place I found not too long ago?"

    "Lead the way, darling." The girl pulled the boy through the trees before they came across a clearing, full of flowers and sunlight. The two looked at each other before Adelaide let go of his hand, and sat in the flowers, looking at all of the surroundings.

    "Isn't it beautiful?" Jasper nodded, but he wasn't looking at the flowers. He was looking at the girl in front of him, the girl that owned his dead and useless heart. The girl that was made just for him, his soulmate, his best friend, and his whole eternity and more.

    "Breathtaking."