𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THREE | UNCONDITIONALLY AND WHOLE HEARTEDLY.
"So are you gonna tell me what happened at lunch today, darling? Or am I just supposed to figure it out myself?" Adelaide picked up her head from the pillow and put down her book as her lover walked into the room with a smirk playing on his lips. She smiled at the man and patted the spot next to her, where he usually laid when the two sat in bed all night, talking to one another. Jasper sat down next to the girl before she wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his chest.

"Bella's his singer and most likely his mate so you know how that goes. He also can't read her." Jaspers fingers brushed through the girls hair as he looked down at her in confusion. "I can't use my powers on her either, which is confusing because with can control anything."

"But I can still feel what she feels."

"That's probably because what we do has to do with her mind. Your powers revolve around her feelings which are two very different things." Adelaide had began to draw small shapes on the mans torso, under his shirt as they laid there. "Jasper, what if she finds out about us? With all the questioning she does, she's bound to find out, right? What if she messes everything up?" The blonde boy draped his arm around the girls waist, squeezing her in reassurance.

"How will a fragile little human like her mess us up? And even if she does, we'll still have each other, alright? Remember, Laide, me and you against the world. I'll always be here for you, sweetheart, remember that. I love you." Jasper looked down at the girl with love in his eyes as he smiled.

"Unconditionally and whole heartedly, forever."

"Forever."

..........

The family stood near their cars, talking to one another as everyone began to get ready and leave. Jasper stood in front of Adelaide, in between her legs as she sat on the truck of her own car. Her arms were wrapped around his torso as her head rested on his shoulder. His hands held the ones wrapped around him as they listened to Emmett talk about how he had finally managed to ace his English test for the first time in who knows how long. While Emmett told his story about English class, Adelaide had noticed that Jasper was too caught up in everyone's emotions, he had forgotten about himself.

"Remember to move your shoulders and blink, my love. You look like a statue." The boy subtly nodded his head as the girl pecked his cheek before giving all of her attention back to Emmett. But suddenly, her mind went somewhere else. The sound of screeching tires pulled her away from Emmetts story and towards the cars in the parking lot. She noticed a van turning into the parking lot, the driver out of control and unable to stop. Adelaide held her hand up towards the moving vehicle to stop it but before she could get ahold of it, Edward ran in front of her, towards the new girl and pushed the van out of the lay before it could even scratch her, making her curse under her breath.

"Damn it." Jasper had noticed and made everyone feel worried for the girl, moving their attention away from Edward, who was already jogging back to the cars. The family got into the cars and sped off before anyone could say anything to them.

"Edward, what were you thinking? I had it under control!" Jasper drove the car home with Adelaide in the front and Edward and Rosalie in the back. "Now, she's going to question you. She's going to find out now! How could you be so stupid?" Edward was really starting to regret going with the two girls.

"How could you let yourself slip? You're gonna get us all killed if she finds out what we are! Don't you understand? Adelaide was ready to make the car stop and Jasper was there to make everyone carry on with their lives, but you just had to be a fucking hero and save the little lamb, didn't you? You know, I actually like it here, and I don't need you messing that up for us." The two girls got out of the car after a very short car ride and made their way upstairs into their own rooms. On the way to their rooms, they had passed a very confused Esme, who they ignored. However, Esme did manage to stop the rest of the kids.

"What happened with them?" Jasper managed to push his way to the front, with a blank expression on his face.

"Ask Edward." The boy quickly made his way to his and Adelaides shared bedroom, knocking on the door. "Darling?" He opened the door to see his girlfriend sitting in the middle of the bed with her head in her hands as objects in the room floated around her. "Adelaide?" The boy sped towards her, engulfing her in his arms as she let the things around her fall.

"I was going to stop it, but he got in front and distracted me. Now, she's going to ask all these questions and she's going to find out. She's going to get us killed." If a vampire could cry, she definitely would be right now, and Jasper felt it. He was hurting too, feeling his mate in pain.

"Hey, I won't let anything happen to you, sweetheart. Nothing all harm you while I'm here."