Chapter Nine, Scaring Slytherins.

✯⋆♚⋆✯

✵Chapter Nine, Scaring Slytherins.✵

:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧:・゚✧ *:・

The next day was a Saturday, so most of the students slept in, Selena normally being one of them. 
Andy, however, had other plans. 

Selena began to stir when something moved on her face; she groaned in her sleep, moving to turn on her side: but then something stepped on her eye and she jolted awake. The thing that had awoken her let out a cry and rolled off the bed and onto the floor as she sat up quickly.

"You scared her!" Scolded Andy, scowling as she ran over from where she had been rummaging through her trunk: Selena rubbed the sleep from her eyes as Andy picked up her mooncalf, Teacup, off the floor. 

Teacup's large eyes peered at Selena from her place in Andy's arms, one of her spindly back legs dangled down in front of Andy's stomach. 

"She scared me! Why was Teacup climbing on my face?" Selena pushed her dark frizzy hair out of her eyes.

Andy shrugged, "because I told her to get you up while I tried to wake Sandy." Carefully she walked over to her bed where her red duffle was and gently lowered the mooncalf into it. 

Selena pushed her covers off. "What time is it?"

Andy pulled a jumper over her t-shirt, a golden lion head was stitched in the center. "9 o'clock. And we better get a move on if we want to get to the great Hall to see who's entered their names into the Goblet."

Selena groaned as she pulled herself from the warmth of her bed, and then dug through her trunk in search of her jumper and jeans.

15 minutes later, Andy, Selena and a very grouchy Sandy made their way downstairs.

It seemed that they weren't the only ones who had gotten up earlier than usual, because at least two dozen other students walked around the Hall getting breakfast and examining the Goblet of Fire, which had been placed in the center of the hall, on the stool that normally bore the Sorting Hat.

As it was Halloween, the Great Hall was decorated magnificently.

A cloud of live bats fluttered around the enchanted ceiling, while hundreds of carved pumpkins leered from every corner.

The three girls took seats at the end of the table closest to the Goblet. As Selena poured herself some coffee, Andy leaned back with her elbows on the table, stretching her legs out in front of her.
Suddenly, she leapt up, "Be right back!" She called over her shoulder to her friends and jogged over to the Ravenclaw table where a 5th year boy was munching on toast as he read the Daily Prophet.

Selena pushed the tray of bacon towards Sandy, who had been sulkily staring into her cup of coffee; this seemed to make her more cheerful as she quickly began to fill her plate. 

Sandy's spirits had considerably brightened by the time her cousin had returned back to her seat a few minutes later. 

"Any idea who's entered their names into the goblet?" Asked Sandy between mouthfuls of porridge and bacon.

Andy began filling her own plate with bacon and eggs. "Liam Harris says that so far the only ones he's seen enter are students from Durmstung, but supposedly a boy from Slytherin put his name in first thing this morning. The Hufflepuffs are talking about Diggory entering, but I'm not sure whether he has or if he even plans to."