Chapter Eight, The Goblet Of Fire.

✯⋆♚⋆✯

✵Chapter Eight, The Goblet Of Fire.✵

:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧:・゚✧ *:・

The hall was filled with the sound of many voices speaking over one another as students excitedly awaited the feast to begin, and up at the staff table Flich, the Hogwarts caretaker, could be seen adding four chairs at the high table, he placed two on either side of Dumbledore's. He wore his moldy old tailcoat, Mrs. Noris could be seen sitting against one of the walls behind him, her keen eyes on the lookout for any ill behavior.

Selena spotted the Beauxbatons students sitting at the Ravenclaw table, all were looking around in disinterest. 

Once all the students had entered the hall and were seated at their house tables, the staff entered and began to take their seats, last in the line were Professors Dumbledore, Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime.

When their headmistress appeared, the students of Beauxbatons had leapt to their feet, bringing a few of the Hogwarts students to laugh. 

Anastasia was one of them, her laughter nearly a cackle; Sandy scoffed at the other girl's behavior and mumbled under her breath.

A few of the Beauxbatons students seemed to be quite embarrassed, however none of them resumed their seats until Madame Maxime had sat down in the chair to Dumbledore's left. 

Professor Dumbledore remained standing, and a silence quickly fell over the Great Hall. "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and most particularly, guests." Said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable." 

Selena glanced to the Ravenclaw table where the Beauxbatons students sat, one of the girls who was clutching a muffler around her head gave an unmistakable derisive laugh. 
Selena rolled her eyes, recognizing the girl as the one she had given her cloak to, and turned her attention back to the headmaster. 

"The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," he continued. "I now invite you all to eat, drink and make yourselves at home!" 

As soon as he sat down at the head table, the headmaster of Durmstung leaned forward at once and enraged him in conversation. 

The plates in front of them filled with food as usual. The house-elves in the seemed to have pulled out all the stops; there was a greater variety than any of the students had ever seen- including some that were most certainly foreign. 

Sandy craned her neck as she pondered what the foreign food was and if she should try some, while Selena went with the safety of only eating foods that she had eaten before. 

Sandy stiffened in her seat; her eyes focused on the place down the bench where Harry Potter and his friends sat; she elbowed Selena in the ribs and jerked her chin in the direction of where the trio of fourth years were speaking to a Beauxbatons girl.
Selena scowled at her friend but looked down the table.

"It's the girl you gave your cloak to!" Sandy hissed, her eyes trained on Harry Potter as he spoke something unheard to their ears- and watched as the Beauxbatons girl carefully carried a dish of strange looking stew back to the Ravenclaw table. 
Selena didn't feel comfortable staring at the other girl as she went about her business: nearly every boy at the surrounding tables were gawking at her as if she were there solely for their own entertainment- she didn't need more people staring at her for simply existing.