Chapter Three, Teacup.

✯⋆♚⋆✯

Chapter Three✵

:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧:・゚✧ *:・

Selena swung her leg over the bench at Gryffindor table after escaping Peeves the poltergeist in the entrance hall, he decided it would be lovely to send water balloons on the returning students. Thankfully, Professor McGonagall put a stop to it, and so they were able to enter the hall in peace after that

Fred and George sat down across from her, and Lee sat down beside her, Lee shook his dreadlocks out, causing water droplets to land on the table.

Not paying attention to the boys, Selena remained standing as she searched the crowds of students who were entering the Great Hall, her eyes strained as she attempted to spot Sandy among them.

Sighing in frustration, she dropped down and sat on the bench, resting her elbows on the long wooden table, she placed her head in her hands and stared at George.

Her hazel eyes looked green in the light, she tore her gaze away from George as he conversed with his brother for a moment, looking to her side, her brow furrowed for a moment as she noticed the professors moving to sit at the head table.

Places her arms down, she nudged Lee in the side, he looked at her in question before she jerked her chin to get him to look at the head table as well.

"I wonder who the Defense Against The Dark Arts professor is this year, usually the would be here already." She spoke to him, leaning in a bit so he could hear.

Lee shrugged, turning his head to look back at her. "Don't know, maybe whoever is the new teacher is waiting to make a dramatic entrance." Lee grinned.

Selena chuckled, before she, and many other students turned their attention to watch as the doors to the great Hall opened, and a long line of first years were led up to the head table where a small stool sat with the Sorting Hat on top of it.

Selena couldn't help but to smile slightly as she saw all the nervous and excited faces of the young witches and wizards, she leaned back to peer around Lee as Professor McGonagall picked up a long scroll.

The Sorting Hat sang its song, then the first years were sorted.

Selena grinned widely as a first year who had just been sorted into Gryffindor sat down beside her.

"Welcome to Gryffindor, young lion!" She exclaimed brightly as the Gryffindor table roared loudly with cheers.

The girl smiled shyly, and thanked Selena before she focused on the table.

As the last few students were sorted, they were allowed to eat, Selena smiled as George rubbed his hands together happily, and watched as the three boys wasted no time in piling food onto their plates.

Taking her time, Selena began to fill her plate with roasted chicken and potatoes, she reached forward for the pitcher of pumpkin juice, she paused as George reached forward as well. She made eye contact with him, her breath hitched in her throat as she stared at him.

"You can go ahead and fill your goblet first," George told her as he awkwardly retreated his hand.

She raised an eyebrow at him, but poured pumpkin juice into her goblet quickly. She passed the pitcher across the table, George's large hands wrapped around the handle and Selena settled back into her seat, her eyes focused on her food as her cheeks were slightly pink.

After she was finished eating dinner, she helped herself to some Treacle Tart.

Looking around as she took a few bites, she spotted Sandy down the table having a conversation with Ginny Weasley, the two girls were grinning and laughing at something Dean Thomas had said.