Chapter Six, Preparation.

✯⋆♚⋆✯

✵Chapter Six, Preparation.✵

:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧:・゚✧ *:・

Weeks had passed since Selena learned of her mother becoming pregnant, and she had yet to write her reply to her parents.

The rest of her father's letter had been short, just explaining that they had picked up some of Selena's favorite sweets when they had gone to St. Mungo's, and that was what the small package was full of.

As the weather became colder as they entered the month of October, Selena, along with the other students found themselves with loads of school work.
More so, then they had received in the past years.

The Professors were making sure to give the students more schoolwork as the Halloween, bringing with it the two wizarding schools that would be arriving for the TriWizard Tournament.

It seemed that the teachers of Hogwarts were tense, because some of the students were not quite up to standard.

It was on the evening of Thursday, October 30th that Selena, Andy, and Sandy found themselves huddled in the back corner of the library, hidden by the many bookcases, whispering back and forth as a large book lay open on the wooden table in front of them.

Selena pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear as it fell into her face, the midnight locks flowing freely down her back.

"I don't know, it sounds slightly mad, Andy." Selena sighed and placed her head in her hands as her elbows rested on the table.

Andy rolled her eyes and flipped the page of the book, the paper crinkling loudly as she did so. "Maybe, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it?" She looked at Selena who sat on the left side of her, and then to Sandy who sat to her right.

Sandy shrugged, and placed her right elbow on the table as she leaned her head into her hand. "I suppose not, besides, Great, great, great Aunt Sharon does know his sister in law, right?" Sandy raised her eyebrows at Andy, who nodded.

"Yeah, Queenie Kowalski and her husband Jacob have known Aunt Sharon since she became a regular in their bakery back in the 1920's." Andy smiled a bit as she thought back to the stories she had heard growing up.

"Well," Selena exhaled loudly, causing the librarian, Madam Irma Pince, who had been walking by, to shoot a nasty look in their direction as she shushed them.

Rolling her eyes, Selena leaned towards Andy and Sandy, her hazel eyes shining in the dim light as the torches flickered. "I don't want you to get in trouble, especially since it is frowned upon by the Ministry to harbor magical creatures in the school, let alone our dorm." Selena began in a whisper.

Disappointment immediately etched itself onto Andy's face, her green eyes clouding over as she looked down at her hands as they clasped on top of the open book.

"But, like Sandy said, it doesn't hurt to ask your Aunt Sharon if she can arrange for you to be in contact with Mr. Scamander. It's highly likely, that if she's been friends with the Kowalski's for so long, that she has probably met the the Scamander's, as well." Selena smiled, and watched as Andy grinned brightly.

"I'll write to her later, then." She quickly closed the book, Fantastic Beasts And Where to Find Them, and the trio stood up to leave the library.

Grabbing her bag, Selena slung it across her chest, and pushed the chair up against the table. The three girls then wove their way through the isles of books, and then walked passed Madam Pince's desk.