🍁x8

Meira-

As soon as Jieun walked away with her guy, I heaved a sigh of relief. Jieun wasn't very pleasant to talk to. Yeah, she was sweet and polite but her eyes, they were, formidable.

They almost looked, haughty and proud. As if everything she could see was below her and she ruled over it.

I definitely wouldn't have her in my contacts ever, but maybe she suited Jungkook.

And judging by what he must like or must be like, since he brought me to this place and requested me to be so perfect, he must really fit in with her personality.

I looked at him to see him glaring at me. "Why did you say that we were dating?" He hissed.

I scoffed, staring at him. "What are you on about? Didn't you ask me to play along? This my freaking job?"

He sighed, covering his face with his hands. "Oh god." His voice came out muffled. "We're gonna have to keep up with this now."

I breathed out swiftly. "Listen." I tapped the table. "I have no interest in being your girlfriend since you're not my type at all so don't flatter yourself. All I'm doing is my job which you requested for." I told him and he looked up from between his fingers.

What was wrong with him? Didn't he want me to play along? Why was he so angry about it.

"Look." He put his hands on the table. "I'll pay you." He said. "What we discussed earlier, let's do that. I'll write about your fantastic service and also pay you extra. Just fudge up your reports and write what you want."

As much as I was tempted to agree, I knew Jennifer would figure it out. She'll want an in-depth report and I'd tried doing this with Han Jisung once.

That had not ended well.

On top of that, once my lie is caught, I'll be given the penalty for using the company resources and boy, this client had made me use a LOT of company resources.

Heck, I didn't even want this assignment but I had to pick it up! I would gladly let this guy go without any money but that is not an option in my case.

"I'm not going to do that." I tell him. "I'd rather just play along with this plan."

He looked over his shoulder to Jieun.

"I know." He sighed. "I'd rather do that too."

That was quick.

"But only because we have no other option. Jesus, why did you agree with her? If only you hadn't told her that we were dating, I wouldn't have agreed. So clearly, this is all on you." He smiled in the most fake possible.

My mouth opened in surprise.

"Oh so I am the problem? It was you who requested the girlfriend!"

Yeah I did not request you okay? My friend did but I won't tell you that will I?

Jungkook groaned. "This won't be fun."

Once we had calmed down enough from our little banter, Jungkook told me that we had to eat and then leave. Atleast after an hour so that Jieun isn't too suspicious about our true situation.

I ate slowly, not wanting to talk to him any more than necessary.

The rest of the meal was silent aside from occasional talking that we had to perform for Jieun. I'd been trained for such situations so I can speak out curse while looking at someone like I'm in love.

"What're you doing?" He asked me as I poured him some wine.

"Pouring you wine?" I answered. "Look, I'm just doing my job okay?" I smiled, I could be seen by Jieun any time.