🍁x11

a/n- double update! be sure to read ch10 before this! any comments and questions are welcome!!

Meira-

"You guys know each other?" Taehyung repeated, eyes flickering between me and Jungkook.

I bit my lip, looking at Jungkook and Jimin simultaneously.

A random thought entered my brain and I panicked, was I dressed properly enough? He was still my client! Thankfully my hair was still straight from the last treatment and I was wearing makeup, I was meeting my brothers  friends so I'd dressed also dressed up decent enough.

Whew

Atleast saved in that area. But then I looked up to see Taehyung and Jimin still waiting for an explanation innocently.

Jungkook was no help, fidgeting with his fingers and phone as he looked at me in confusion. He's probably confused to see me here and more so over the fact that Jimin- my brother didn't know about the hotline relationship we had.

His eyes met mine and I knew he was waiting for me to lead and he'd follow, since he definitely didn't know the backstory.

"Ahhh..." I thought about all the possibilities I could. He was a film major right? Did I know any film majors? Shit no.

Film. Film. Film. Aha! Hyunjin was in the film club! To work on a production project along with a few other drama majors! Yes that'll have to do do for now.

I'll just have Hyunjin lie to Jimin later on.

"We met through Hyunjin!" I snapped and Jungkook's eyes widened. Shit, he's not in the film club, or he would've known Hyunjin.

"Hyunjin?" Taehyung cocked his head sideways.

"A friend of hers." Jimin told him but the turned to look at me. "How does Hyunjin know-."

"He's in the film club!" I blurted, I could see Jungkook's eyes widen by the second as he thought of a reliable response to my lie. "I was uh—helping Hyunjin with his uh- set design and the props, yeah props and he was working with the film club and yeah we met there, through him." I rambled and Taehyung nodded.

"When did you join the film club?" Jimin frowned at Jungkook. "Didn't you quit last year?"

Taehyung decided to sit down, more confused than anyone.

"Ah!" Jungkook exclaimed. "I did. I did." He looked at me for a second. "I did quit. But, I still help them out sometimes you know. And the, drama project— uh— was a big one so yeah I'd been requested to help out." He played along and I saw Jimins eyes relax.

"You should've told me!" He smiled after an eternity, I let out a breath I'd been holding. I was so sure he'd call out our bluff but thank heavens she believed it.

"So you guys wanna order?" Taehyung mumbled. "Obviously lost in all this."

Jungkook got up from his seat. "I'll order, tell me what you guys want." He fixed his clothes.

I knew he just wanted to get away from me, I was gonna volunteer to order to do the same.

"Me and Mimi already did, you and Tae are left." Jimin told him and the two walked off to get and order their things.

"So." Taehyung began, his fingers tracing the outline of the tea coaster on the table. "You and a guy named... Hwangjung?" He made a face, obviously he didn't know who Hyunjin was.

I chuckled nervously. "Uh no no!" I denied firmly. "Hyunjin is one of my best friends. He uhm, also works with me." I told him and He nodded.

"I was kinda surprised." He confessed. "I mean, you saying someone with Jimin being himself and all."

I nodded, he probably doesn't know about him though. The one guy who'd passed though Jimin's tests and after a LOT of struggle, we'd been together for almost a year.

But then he left, and Jimin's protectiveness bloomed into something fiercer as he swore to protect me from all heartbreakers.

It was a miracle Han Jisung was still surviving.

Jungkook and Jimin came back with the food and so began a very awkward conversation.

"I should probably introduce myself." Jungkook muttered as he sat down. "I mean, that's what you guys meant for this meeting right?"

Jimin shook his head, "It's okay. You two probably know each other a little more than that so you can just, you know, hang normally like we do." He but into his taco and his eyes widened.

He'll probably not say anything for some time now. I looked at my older brother as he stuffed his face, practically inhaling his food.

"So where do you work Mei mei?" Taehyung asked me as he stole some of my fries. "I missed out on five years of your life to come back and see you working? And having friends other than me?" He joked, faking hurt.

I giggled and slapped his hand away.

"Yeah." Jungkook spoke up. "Where do you work Meira?" He smiled. To anyone else, it would've looked like a genuine smile. And a normal question asked out of curiosity.

But I knew better. Only I could see the tiny smirk on his lips as he leaned forward and the hidden malice in his question. He'd figured out that Jimin didn't know about my job and was definitely going to hold it against me.

I gulped. Drinking some more water to avoid the question and come up with a good enough answer but Jimin came to my rescue.

"She works for a Cupid company. Only as a side job." He said through a full mouth. "The kind of company that kinda plans dates and plans weddings, brings people together and stuff." He took another huge bite. Having answered to his satisfaction.

Jungkook mocked surprise ever so perfectly. "Oh!" He said. Eyeing me evilly and I could see his smile widen. "Is that so?" He asked in a saccharine voice.

"That's pretty sweet of you Mei mei." Taehyung reached over to pat my hand. "Working in the romance sector. Suited for your hopeless romantic and delicate personality." He smiled.

I smiled back weakly, trying my best not to freak out.

I don't know what felt worse, the fact that Jungkook could blow my secret out any second or the fact that I was lying not just to Taehyung but to Jimin once again.

"So, what is the work like?" Jungkook pressed me further. "Also what's your company name?"

I wanted to so terribly slap that smirk off his face but controlled myself.

"Cant say the name cuz of confidentiality reasons." Jimin sipped his drink. "But I've checked it out once. It's legit."

Ah, the company had helped me deceive him.

"Can you please tell me more about this? I'm quite curious." Jungkook sighed, putting on a innocent facade.

I swear I'll kill this bunny boy.