1 | Prologue

The running of red sneakers across the pathway slowed to a stroll at the sight of the blue arched gateway of UA.

With its golden emblem and strong gate, Izuku couldn't help but smile as he gazed at the architecture.

This was the top hero academy in Japan, some of the greatest heroes went here! Even All Might, the number one hero, went here!

And now... Now he was here, after months of gruelling training with his idol, Midoriya Izuku was finally here.

This could be the biggest turning point of his life.

It's scary, Izuku thought as he held onto the straps of his yellow backpack tightly, that he could either succeed or completely fail the entrance exam.

"No... don't think like that. All Might chose me." Izuku murmured; he had been gifted with such a great opportunity. One For All, All Might's quirk . A quirk that-

A deep chuckle erupted from behind Izuku. "The kid sure rambles a lot!"

"The poor dear is probably just nervous like the rest of them, " a feminine voice sympathized, " After all, this is UA..."

"Oi, even so," Annoyance flooded their voice. "At least the rest of the kids are actually walking through the gate."

Feeling the tips of his ears warm up, Izuku ducked his head and quickly stuttered out an apology.

A lot of kids from other middle schools were walking through so he should probably get a seat in the auditorium before it gets too crowded. It's why Izuku tried to get here early.

"This is it..." Izuku said, nodding to himself with determination as he stepped through UA's gate. "My first step to becoming a hero!"

"I believe his first step was when he received One For—"

Someone cuts in, "Yo, weren't it when he met All Might?"

"Shouldn't it have been when the green bean was offered to become Toshi's successor?"

Whipping his head around at the sudden flood of voices, Izuku searched through the groups of students.

It was hard to tell who had spoken; there were too many conversations going on around him from other nervous students.

He covered his mouth with his hand since he kept muttering... Something he still needs to work on.

Was Izuku hearing things?

Sighing, the boy concluded that he may simply be too stressed. His whole life, he had idolized heroes... and this could be his chance to become one. Of course he's stressed.

Focus, Izuku! The exam is going to start soon! With a breath in, then out, he took his first step on UA's grounds.

And instantly tripped. Everything was crashing down around him as he fell face-first towards the pavement—his life, his future, his dreams. I'm sorry, Mom ...

"Lol, RIP." One of them wheezed.

He heard a slap. "I can't believe you just said that out loud."

"Oh dear..."

"So long...It was nice knowing you."

Another man chuckled. "Kid, you're one of a kind!"

But Izuku never hit the ground.

He cracked open an eye and— oh God, his face was stopped half a foot from hitting concrete.