Chapter 5: Wine Down Wednesday

Alicia 💜

Instead of staying for one night, both Mia and Zane decided to stay with me for two nights in a row as a precaution. And this was why I loved them so much. They literally uprooted themselves for a couple of days to make sure that I was safe.

Luckily, since the incident, I hadn't had anymore disturbances which made me think that the letter I received was just some asshole deciding to prank me.

As for my neighbors, Noah hadn't made much noise since our confrontation the other day which was a very wise move for him. Because, lord knows, my mouth was locked and loaded to curse him the hell out if he tried me again with that early morning bullshit.

On the other hand, me and Khloe texted on and off over the last few days in preparation for our girls night. 

And although Khloe looked like your typical pretty blonde who, some would assume, was all beauty and no brains, in actuality, she was the complete opposite; I've learned that I can hold a decent conversation with her via text.

My phone dinged next to me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

On my days off, I really enjoyed doing absolutely nothing and today, my black ass was laid up in bed watching TV on a Wednesday afternoon.

I peered down at my phone and, speaking of the devil, I had a text from Khloe.

Khloe: Hey are we still on for tonight? I got the wine 😉
Alicia: Hey girl.. yeah! You said 5 o clock right?

*I glanced at the time on my phone and noted it was just about to hit 4pm in the afternoon.*

Khloe: yes! I'm excited! Is your friend, Mia coming?
Alicia: No, unfortunately, she had a long day at work and is too tired.
Khloe: aw, well maybe next time. She seems like a cool person from what you've told me.
Alicia: she is 😁
Alicia: Anyway, I know you've reassured me that the grinch- I mean your brother won't be home but I wanna make sure again.😅
Khloe: 😂😂😂 I promise The Grinch will not be home.
Alicia: and Lilly?
Khloe: she's under control. I promise 🤞🏻
Alicia: okay, see you soon! 🙃

After texting with Khloe, another 15 minutes passed before I decided to get my lazy ass out of bed, take a shower, and get dressed.

Tonight, I didn't feel like manipulating my natural hair so I took off my bonnet, slicked my curls into a sleek bun at the back of my head, added my wig cap, and threw on my favorite glueless straight wig.

I found a pair of dark denim jeans and a black tank top and threw that on too.

I looked at the time and it read 4:46pm which meant that I had about 15 minutes before I needed to be at the McCarthy's home.

Originally, I wasn't going to put makeup on but at the last minute, I dabbed a light BB cream over my face, then added a liner and a neutral lip gloss to give my lips some shine.