Chapter 23: Enmity

Noah ♠️

Goddamn it, I was screwed!

After having sex with Alicia, I thought my thirst for her would be quenched after tonight but the opposite happened; I was fucking hooked on this woman's body and I didn't know what to do about it.

I knew there was no way in hell Alicia would agree to a friends with benefits agreement but at the same time, I didn't know if I could agree to more than that?

Was she worth it? Maybe...

There was no way I could continue to deny that, since my wife died, Alicia was the only other woman to make me feel this alive. It scared me to think that Alicia was beginning to burrow her way into my mind and melt the iciness of my cold heart.

I peered down at her as her breathing evened out and she began to drift off to sleep.

Being sure that she'd fallen asleep, I whispered my thoughts aloud.

"I don't deserve someone like you..."

It was true.

Alicia was someone who knew her worth and exactly what she wanted, while I was a man who lived his life avoiding emotion and not giving two shits about other peoples well-being.

To be honest, I was a lone wolf with nothing of substance to offer her. Alicia was highly educated, resilient, & beautiful... what could I offer someone like that?

What? My bad reputation and foul attitude...

I've been the bad guy for far too long, there was no way I could change who I was as a person, not even for her.

...Or, at the very minimum, there was no way I could change myself overnight. It would take time and effort.

I was a brute, through and through.

Glancing at the time which read 1:27am, I sighed to myself before getting up to shower while Alicia slept soundly in my bed.

10 minutes later, I wrapped a white towel around my waist and headed downstairs to smoke that blunt I wanted to smoke earlier in the night before Alicia knocked on my door and threw me off kilter

Downstairs, I flicked on the dimmer just bright enough so that I could find my lighter. But, along with finding my lighter, I found Khloe sleeping on the couch.

Shifting on the couch, Khloe pulled her blanket over her head and began to complain.

"Oh come on big bro, can't I please have SOME peace and quit tonight? Turn off the damn light!" Khloe sucked her teeth while letting out an annoyed sigh. "I nearly threw up in my mouth listening to you and Alicia fuck like jack rabbits with no regard for me being in the house. I came downstairs to try and muffle the sounds but it was useless!"