Chapter 31: Family

Alicia POV

4 LONG emotional months later...

Ever since the day everything fell apart, my mind has been a constant blur of thoughts and emotions, like a rollercoaster ride that I never signed up for. The ups and downs have been relentless, and at times, it felt like I was never going to be able to climb out of the dark hole that I had found myself in.

But with the help of therapy and the unwavering support of my loved ones, I've started to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly but surely, I'm beginning to piece myself back together, like a broken puzzle that's finally starting to come together.

It's not easy, of course. Some days are better than others, and the weight of everything that's happened to me - to us, can still feel overwhelming. But I'm learning to take it one day at a time, to celebrate the small victories and to keep pushing forward, even when it feels like I'm stuck in the same place.

Healing isn't a linear journey, I've come to realize.

It's messy, it's unpredictable, and it's filled with setbacks and obstacles. But with the right tools and support, it's possible. And for the first time in a long time, I'm starting to believe that maybe, just maybe, I can come out on the other side of this mentally stronger than before.

Choosing to be with Noah these past few months has been one of the most transformative experiences of my existence.

Our journey has been marked by chaos, uncertainty, and deep wounds from our pasts that still linger. I often questioned whether I was ready to commit to this relationship.

But despite my doubts, Noah remained a constant source of strength and support. He stood by my side, even as he battled his own demons, including the devastating loss of his beloved dog, Lily.

I saw the pain in his eyes and the way his voice would catch when he spoke of her. Losing Lily had left a hole in his heart that nothing could fill. Yet, despite his own depression, he was always there for me.

Through his unwavering love and support, Noah has helped me pick up the pieces of my broken, confused heart and taught me how to love. After dealing with Roger, Claudia and Sarah, Noah made me laugh when I thought I would never feel joy again, and his touch has soothed the most restless parts of my soul.

Overall, Noah appeared content with our new arrangement of being together, but there were moments when I could sense a hint of sadness lurking behind his bright blue eyes. Especially in the times when he would stare out the window lost in thought. It was a pain that I couldn't ignore, even if I wanted to.

Noah was the epitome of a proud, manly man, and showing his emotions on his sleeve made him uncomfortable

Ever since the day Lilly died and he openly cried on my shoulder, he has bottled up his emotions, only allowing himself to decompress at night when he thinks I'm not listening to his soft, subtle cries. It broke my heart to see him suffer like this.