Chapter 26: Chances

Noah ♠️

When I received that accidental text from Alicia this afternoon, I was so tempted to drop everything and go straight to her place to confront her.

Lucky for her, my shop was too busy to just up and leave at that moment. This gave me time to think about how to go about this once I did see her.

Unsurprisingly, when I finally did confront Alicia about her text, she was as stubborn as a bull like always.

It was a miracle when I finally convinced her to take the pregnancy test.

I couldn't even imagine that I got two women pregnant in such a short time, but here I was, asking Alicia for a pregnancy test.

If Alicia was pregnant it would be a complete shock to me because it was never my intentions to do this to two women at the same time.

To my own credit, Claudia manipulated me which placed me in this predicament of potentially having two baby mothers instead of just the one potential kid by Alicia.

When it came to Claudia, I still hadn't received any results from the doctor we used; only results from her.

And in all honesty, that didn't sit right with me in my spirit.

My male intuition kept ringing 🚨 alarms that I needed to be more proactive in investigating why I never received my results. Before I sign any birth certificates for Claudia, I had to make sure for myself that this baby was actually mine.

Now, here I was, standing in Alicia's bathroom, ready to read her results.

To be truthful, I was nervous about the entire situation. The fact that Alicia was sure that she couldn't be pregnant gave me some relief but not much.

After all, it was her own body right? She would know if something felt off?

If she was pregnant by me, I wondered how that would change our relationship?

As we stood there silent, Alicia read the results first but she hadn't made a noise or reaction to what she read.

So, I leaned over her shoulder and also read the clear blue words.

Instantly, my stomach twisted into knots.

"Well...."

Was all I could say as I tried to process everything.

After a delayed reaction from Alicia, her hands began to tremble as she dropped the pregnancy test on the ground.

"No, this has to be a joke..." she shook her head. "...but I took a plan B."

Alicia continued to shake her head in disbelief.

"Pregnant? How could I be pregnant?"

I watched through the mirror as her brows furrowed in shock. She pressed her palms against the bathroom sink and leaned forward, trying to suck in air.

Alicia began to hyperventilate as the reality of everything began to sink in and weigh down on her shoulders.

Immediately, I reached out to her and began to rub her back, trying my best to comfort her.

"Breathe baby, breathe. Breathe in with your nose and out with your mouth. Steady... steady.. that's it. Good girl..."

I consoled her the best I could, knowing that just minutes ago, she was in complete denial of even possibly being pregnant.

At the same time, I was also trying to wrap my head around the results too but it didn't come as that much of a shock like it did for Alicia.

Two baby mothers?