chapter 1

Author's note : ok I've been meaning to write something like this since forever , but am really new to it and it might not be really good, so please review and lmk if I need to do something or I should not continue this story because I really have doubts about how this will turn out <3

Author's note : Damon's 6 and the story is set in 1847 (forgive me if some details are kinda modern for the year but I'll try my best to make it year appropriate)

Damon's pov :
It was a Sunday morning and I woke up kinda early. I was going down to see what father and mother were doing when I started hearing screams coming from mother's room and ran towards it worriedly. I saw father pacing back and forth anxiously near the door with furrowed brows . "Father what's wrong?! Is mother okay?! Why is she screaming!? " I said, all in one breath, scared. " Calm down son, it's all fine, your little sister or brother is going to be born, you're gonna have a lot of fun with your sibling, won't you? " He said ruffling my hair a bit affectionately. He was a very kind man, both my parents were. Father used to get angry sometimes and I used to get scared but other than that, he was nice and loving . Mother was gentle and caring, father said she spoils me a lot. I loved her. We were happy. Now I was going to have a little brother, yes. I had a strong feeling it would be a little boy who would love me and play with me all the time. " Yes father!! Of course!! But why is mother screaming? is she in pain? " I said my voice cracking a but because her screams were making me sad and frightened for her. " Your mother will be alright, little buddy, Martha is there with her, she'll help her. Don't worry. Now go, study a bit and I'll let you know when the little one's born" He said Patting my shoulder gently. I agreed and went to do my homework. I was a little hungry but I knew it was too early and Martha, our helper wouldn't have cooked anything, also she was busy helping mother. I started indulging in my homework trying to ignore the yells and hoping for my mother's pain to be eased. Then all of a sudden the yells stopped. I slowly got up and went to the room, curiously and when I opened the door I saw father kneeling on the ground with mother's hand in his and crying, mother had her eyes closed. Martha had a little baby in her arms . "Father? What happened? Why are you crying? Is mother asleep? Is it a boy or girl? " I bombarded him with questions again, my heart was beating in my chest with excitement and nervousness, nervousness because mother seemed awfully quiet and my breath was caught up in my throat at the sight of the room. Even Martha was quietly sobbing.. I was getting really anxious about it now and tears of realisation started forming in my eyes and I started going to father tugging the rim of his shirt asking him to tell me if mother's alright. " NO! SHE'S DEAD! THE BLOODY DEVIL'S SPAWN KILLED YOUR MOTHER! " He stood up angrily and stormed towards Martha glaring at the little boy in Martha's hands. Martha stepped away, scared, " Sir, his mother wanted him to live, she even named him, stefan. Don't do this please, she wouldn't have wanted this. " Suddenly he stopped and went back to mother and started crying. The baby was wailing too.. Probably scared of everything happening. I hated him. Father said he killed my mother. He's a devil's spawn. He's a demon. My mother's dead. Why did she want to give birth to him ? I wish he had died instead of her. How am I going to live without her? Before I knew it I started crying and i went to my mother still a flicker of hope left in me, that she might be alive, that she won't leave me alone, that if I talk to her or kiss her forehead or shake her hard enough she'd wake up from a deep slumber she took only because she was tired, not dead. She can't be dead. "MOTHER PLEASE WAKE UP! DON'T LEAVE ME!! PLEASE?! I HATE HIM! HE KILLED YOU! PLEASE DON'T GO-" Father got up and left the room. I have never seen him so angry. He looked cold, scary. Like he could kill the baby any second now. It was honestly even frightening me even though I hated Stefan just as much if not more. "Martha please wake her up-" I pleaded her and she came to me, still holding the child in her hands , he was crying but when he stopped crying when he looked at me with his forest green eyes which looked like emeralds , they were so big, still so deep, they looked so innocent, he had a finger in his agape mouth , he looked adorable but I know he wasn't any of those things. He was a demon, a killer. " GET HIM AWAY FROM ME- I HATE HIM- IT'S ALL HIS FAULT -" "Damon, child calm down.. He's just a baby, he didn't do anything, your mother wanted him born, don't hate him, it's not his fault, she's at a better place now. " She shushed me and put a hand on my head soothing and ran her fingers through my locks. Maybe it actually wasn't his fault.. He didn't look like someone who could kill a human being, he was so tiny, how could he take my mother from me .. I don't feel the hatred burn in me, I just feel sorrow, but father said it was his fault and father won't lie, would he? He's never wrong.. But what if he misunderstood stuff, because why would my little brother kill my, and his mother.. It didn't make sense, but I knew indirectly mother died giving birth to HIM. So he must be guilty of her death. I want to hate him, but I feel this rush of love and affection when I look at him. My eyes are full of tears of my mother's loss when I turn to him and see he's trying to touch me with his little hands and smiling at me and even though I don't want to something in me screams to return the smile, to hold him close to me and protect him from all evil. But didn't father say he was evil? Aren't I supposed to hate him? Why does he look at me with so much innocence and affection? Why do I get the urge to rock him in back and forth, gently my hands and never let him go? To kiss his little forehead and make him giggle? To hug him to my chest and hold his little fingers in mine. I look at him and I look at my dead mother and I don't know what to do but cry. He was unforgivable.

Author's note:
I think this actually turned out lowkey good. I hope y'all liked this lmk if I should continue this story or I should add something or suggest amends if there is a need for them plus PLEASE TELL ME IS THIS SHOULD BE A STELENA OR STEROLINE STORY BECAUSE I LITERALLY LOOOOOVE BOTH THE SHIPS ( EVEN THO RN I'M LEANING TOWARDS WRITING A STELENA STORY) AND MY INDECISIVE SELF CAN NOT DECIDE 😩😩 also Damon would obviously grow to like his little brother but Giuseppe would become really cold and a bad father. Also I won't be updating regularly (or will be, depends) ecause I have a lot of things to do these days but will post soon enough ahaha :)

Update: it will be stelena <3