epilogue (chapter 17)

Time jump : 6 years later, Stefan's 24 and Damon's 30

Authors note : I'm going to pretend like 1800s had equal rights and women had great jobs too.. (As they should 🏃🏻‍♀️)

Stefan's pov:
I wake up to cries of a child.. it's a good day, it's a great day.. Few weeks ago my wife, elena gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, we named her anna. She was just like her mother.. We got married last year, and the church was decorated with daisies , of course. Getting married has been the best decision we made and we're so glad to be alive, well, healthy and together.. Forever. She looked like the most beautiful angel on our wedding day. It was fun, emotional most of all.. Magical.. She's been my rock, so has Damon. We bought two houses beside each other as soon as we could, bonnie and he have two children, samantha and dylan, they are the cutest ever, I love them and I think they enjoy spending a lot of time with me, they say I'm the fun uncle.. They're so enthusiastic and samantha is quiet while Dylan is a whole troublemaker, doesn't make me love any of them any less. I have published three book these past years and they surprisingly did well. Elena had always wanted to become a doctor and she made her dream come true. She treats children now, she is absolutely amazing.. A little bad at cooking but what am I here for.. She loves my pasta and bribes me with.. Something.. For it and who in their right mind would mind that. I worked in the restaurant till I was probably 19, klaus became a dear friend of mine, elijah is a good person to me too. I was somewhere with them when we met Elena's friend, Caroline, I introduced them and little did I know that they would end up getting married. We haven't heard from father since we left and I'm glad we haven't. Martha though, gets weekly visits by us and it warms my heart when I see how Happy that makes her, whenever I get time I go to her and spend time with her because I know she loves it. She's like a mother to me, the mother I never had. Nate got over his addiction and met a girl who he fell in love with, they're happy together  and it's beautiful to see that Nate's finally on a good track. The gilberts visit us sometimes and it's so heart warming the way they love us so much. Heck, even Matt's fine, ever since that day, he kind of changed his attitude towards me, I can't say we're friends but he's fine, he's good. Bonnie has become a teacher and she's so great at doing that because I know she's really patient. Damon works in the estate and has grown pretty economically efficient in the past years. Some days after their wedding, Dr. Gilbert tested me and told me that I would probably not suffer from any more lung damage and not have any issues in the future, and that has proven true. I cough a few times but that's it and it hasn't gotten out of control in ages. I don't get any urges anymore and my life is going pretty good. I have even been eating good now. I feel healthier and happier. I shake my thoughts away and look at our baby crying in Elena's arms and her trying to calm her down, I quickly get up to help her and take anna close to my chest and start rocking her in a slow pace.. She grows silent really quick, "that's just unfair! Now she's playing favourites! " Elena Exclaimed, they are so adorable.. " What can I say, no one can resist my charms. " I shrugged jokingly and she giggled, " Oh that is right, I couldn't! " She kissed me and anna giggled, causing both of us to laugh. The door bell rings and I already know who it is, Bonnie and Damon are standing at the door with the twins and I ask them to come in, it's a weekend today and we had planned on going on a picnic, the kids insisted and who were we to not agree to their request.. " Hello brother" He greets me and I hug him tight, "what? getting very mushy aren't you? " He said jokingly , "oh shut up- we all know you are the mushy one-" " Well that is just a lie- " "Shh kids stop it " Bonnie said with her hands on her waist, laughing. Dylan and samantha came over to me and hugged me with such force that I Stumbled back a bit, they were such cuties, adorable and innocent. They're almost 5 now, Bonnie says that Damon and I spoil them a lot.. That probably is true but am I going to be able to stop giving those little angels whatever they want? No.. I don't want them, or in that case, anyone, to have a childhood like mine, ours.. Damon's too, deprived of love, burdened with responsibilities, I want them to be happy. And we will ensure that they are happy, because we are their family. Elena enters the room  with a sleeping anna in her hands which she gives to me as I hold her little body in my arms and Elena looks at us admiringly. We're so happy.. It actually feels unbelievable.. We go out and really have fun that day. As we come back I lay beside Elena, as always, her head on my chest, anna in her crib just beside our bed.. Sleeping peacefully, I think about how our lives have taken a complete turn for the better. I never thought I would be able to live this happily, or even this long for a fact, I always thought one day father would snap and kill me in his wrath, and the thought didn't even scare me at that time. If it wasnt for Damon and Elena, that probably would have happened.. But I'm more than happy that it didn't, that I got to know what happiness felt like.. Being free, surrounded by people I love and the people who love me, I always wondered if I was undeserving of love or of hatred, but these people, the ones who saved me, made me realise that I do deserve to be loved and I do deserve happiness. I smile to myself when I think of and slowly fall asleep with my hand around Elena.. Maybe it's not a perfect life, nothing is ever perfect, but it is to me, I could not have asked for anything more, anything better, anything that gives me more peace and contentment. I'm happy. I'm not alone.

Author's note : oh my god 🥺🥺 I hope y'all liked this 😩❤ take care , love you🥺💖