chapter 15

Author's note: pls trying so hard to make it look like they're in 1800s, especially the clothes but if it feels weird pls just tolerate it💀💀

Stefan's pov:
My chest was hurting when I woke up this morning.. Felt kind of cold.. All i remember from last night is that there was a man at Nate's home who was yelling at me, grabbing my arm and trying to hit me by raising his hand.. I thought that was father.. I had a- what was it called? - panic attack.. It wasn't father, although I kind of wish it was .. Because it was Damon.. I didn't ever imagine to be scared of Damon.. Even when we were little, I knew he didn't like me but I was certain he would never hurt me Or yell at me.. But he did.. He didn't hurt me though, I was so scared.. I remember begging him to let me go.. He was being gentle later.. But I couldn't even look him in the eye.. I love him but.. It's weird now.. I'm scared..  I mean I know I was wrong to go and try to smoke but he always is patient when I get the urges.. He used to calm me down like a child and rub my hands and back supportively.. What happened.. Did I do something.. I must have done something to make him mad.. But what? Or maybe.. He got tired of me.. He tried to love me but realised I wasn't worth it.. All of a sudden while I'm thinking about all this I feel myself tear up and furiously wipe away the tears with my shaking hands.. I didn't have to go to work today.. It was a Sunday and the restaurant is closed on Sundays.. It's sunday- my birthday.. I  only now realise it .. Now I'm sixteen but nothing has changed.. Nobody probably even remembers it's my birthday.. Not that it matters.. It never has. I've never felt anything remotely special about that day.. But to be completely honest, I envied kids who would get a big came and a whole lot of gifts for their birthday.. But I was used to it.. It was okay. As I was thinking about this laying on my bed I heard damon calling me.. I felt my heart race at that.. I hope he isn't mad at me.. I went down and saw he was holding the phone to his ear, "stef, it's for you" Who was calling me at 9 in the morning.. Maybe it was elena.. I move to him and Damon pats me on the shoulder and I shiver at his touch a bit but then remind myself he won't hurt me.. He had a sad look on his face when he saw me flinch.. "Hello? " "Hey.. It's matt" "Oh- um.. What happened? " "I- I just want to apologize to you for yesterday.. For everything.. Thanks for not telling elijah that I did it.." "it's- it's okay.. I just thought you must have needed the job-" " I did.. Thanks man, I really appreciate, I'm so sorry for ever being mean to you.. " "Its fine.. " " Thank you, bye " "Bye" That actually sort of felt good.. I smiled to myself and turned and saw Damon bringing toast for me.. I wasn't that hungry but I know I need to eat because Dr. Gilbert will literally smack the shit out of me if I don't.. I chuckle to myself when I think of that.. "What? " Damon asked, smiling warmly.. I got a bit startled.. "Oh nothing-" I quietly sat down and started eating.. Damon looked sad.. Was it because of me.. Do I make him sad..? Then the doorbell rang and I went to open the door, having finished my toast. As soon as I opened the door I felt two hands wrap themselves around my body tightly causing me to stumble back a bit because of the force. Elena. She was laughing and giggling as she hugged me tight, and I was too, happy.. Because she was. "Elena.. " I said softly, "stefan.. " She imitated me, which made me laugh.. "God what's the occasion why do you want to hug me to death? " I said, jokingly, " How dare you mock my hugs! " She pouted, returning the joke.. Then she pulled away a little and kissed me.. My hands on her waist and hers on the back of my neck.. She kept caressing it, moving it here and there a bit, trying to tease me, I slowly grabbed her hils and she gasped, and giggled, knowing I teased her because she teased me.. "You're.. " She was going to say something but trailed off smiling to herself.. "I am.. ? " She jokingly hut me on the shoulder softly, and I laughed and kissed her forehead meekly.. Damon cleared his throat.. Shit- Seeing your brother all this is NOT a good look.. Believe me.. I know. I once walked in on bonnie and damon- easy to say that I literally washed my eyes a thousand times to get rid of the scene.. Ugh.. "Stef.. " Elena brought me back to herself.. Damon excused himself as he saw elena lean into me.. When she saw that we were alone she shut the door and pushed me on to the wall, not roughly, but not gently either.. I gasped as she started toying with my shirt.. Putting her hands on my chest and caressing it- seductively?- my heart's beating out my chest as a gasp escapes from my lips and she puts w finger on it.. "It's your birthday Salvatore.. I'll give you anyyyyyy thing you want.. All you have to do is ask.. " Damn this girl makes me crazy.. I'm breathing heavily against her .. "I- i-" "Oh look at you.. " She brought her hand to my cheek, caressing it with her finger and then to my lips again.. "  So smitten.. Just tell me " She breathed into me.. "I- c-can- i- you- a d-date? " SHIT WHY CAN'T I SPEAK?!! I swallow hard.. She looks confused.. "You know other boys might have wanted something else.." She lifts up my shit and roams her hands around my abs.. I am panting hard.. ".. But you're different.. And that's why I'm so in love with you.. " She is so close to me right now.. She said it.. She is in love with me.. Elena Gilbert is in love with me, I've been in love with her since forever.. " I'm so in love with you too.. " I kiss her grabbing her waist.. I was stuttering up until now but I was loud and clear when I told her I was in love with her, I don't know why, it was just that it was probably one thing I'm most sure of. " Let's go then.. I want to see what you have planned for me.. " "Mhm.. I would pick you up at 4, is it okay?? " I said, hopefully.. "Of course it is.. " She gave me a kiss and we said goodbye to each other..
At 3:30 I was ready wearing the best shirt I had. I hope I look good.. I was trying to tie my tie but it wasn't happening and I sighed frustrated. Suddenly I heard a knock.. It was Damon.. He came in and started helping me.. I swallowed hard, kind of scared.. But I knew he won't hurt me.. I mean.. I hope? When he was done he said, " Have fun.. And be back by 8? Please? " I nodded.. I hadn't spoken to him a lot today and he was kind of noticing that so I quickly added, "t-thank you" He nodded and ruffled my hair gently. That was kind of sweet.. Made me feel warm..
I reached Elena and knocked on her door.. "Hello! " She hugged me quickly.. I brought her some daisies.. Just the ones she liked.. Damon ones told me that girls like roses but this is my girl, she likes daisies, so I'll give her daisies.. She's wearing a long red dress, up to her knees, hugging her waist, flow-y it the bottom.. She's looking.. Exquisite.. "You look beautiful.. " " You don't look too bad yourself! " She looks so excited.. My heart flutters seeing her like this.. She notices the flowers I'm holding.. "Oh my god Stef- you remember!! " She told me she liked daisies in like.. Elementary school.. "Of course I do.. How could I not? " "God you're the sweetest " She hugs me tight .. This feels so right.. I take her hand and take her to the place I wanted to.. There was this lake behind the trees.. I once went there when I was all alone.. Wandering.. And it gave me peace.. It was so beautiful.. So calm.. As we reach there Elena gasps.. "Oh my god stef.. This is so pretty!" I had laid down a sheet in the grass and brought some food.. The things she likes.. I offered her my hand and she took it as we sat on the sheet, her head on my shoulder and my hand on hers.. We were watching the sunset in silence.. Hearing each other's breathing .. "What do you want to do..? " Elena asked suddenly and I was confused as to what she meant.. "I want to kiss you" I said as I tucked a stray hair behind her ear and she blushed, giggling.. "No-" My smile dropped, " No I mean yes- but I meant- in life- like.. I want to be a doctor.. You? " "Um.. I always.. I thought that I would like being.. A writer? Like.. Maybe write a book or.. " " That's so great! You should start now stef.. It takes a lot of time to write stuff, you know that better than me.. " "Should I even do it? Like.. The waiter job's fine..? " "Everything is fine but don't you want to do something you have wanted to since forever?? " "All I want to do is be happy.. " I said, not knowing if I should actually become an author or not.. Things are going fine right now.. What if- " Stef you'll be happy.. I know that.. I Will be there with you, always.. Wait are you saying that I don't make you happy! " "That's not- " She started laughing and so did I because boy I was panicked! " If you want it, do it stef, this is the time. " I nodded.. We were looking into the sunset.. It was gorgeous.. But Elena was prettier.. I put my arm around her waist and kissed her, she moved on to my neck- oh- I could not keep in the gasp.. "You like that don't you.. ? " She said teasingly.. I kissed her neck as a reply.. She gasped.. "Looks like you do too.. " She giggled.. We laid there for a few ours, ate some food and while I was taking her back, she said to me , "thank you for giving me the best day of my life.. " "Thank you for giving me mine.. " We kissed and parted, saying goodbye as she leaned into me and said happy birthday again.. It was such a good day.. The best day ever.. I hope everyday to be like this.. Or at least a quarter as good? I'm going back home when I see it's already 8.. It's going to take me around 15 minutes to reach home.. Shit.. I'm going to be late.. Damon's going to- no.. He won't do anything bad.. Right..? I knocked on the door and bonnie opened it.. "Happy birthday" She hugged me tight and I was surprised.. So damon actually remembered?? And that's why she knew?? She hugged me in such a motherly way that I had to swallow the lump in my throat.. "Thank you.. " My voice was breaking and I internally cursed, but them she saw I was holding my tears back she kissed my forehead.. She led me inside and I saw a cake kept on the table with damon just standing there.. Waiting for me.. He looked nervous.. He came to me and tried to hug me but i dont know what happened and I flinched away.. He grew agitated and sighed sadly.. "Stef.. Please don't.. Don't be scared.. I'm so sorry.. I don't know what happened yesterday.. I just- I lost my cool and I swear I wasn't trying to hit you I had just raised my hand in frustration- I can't make an excuse- I'm so sorry-" What? He's sorry?? Why..? "Y-you're not mad at me..? " "Huh? " He was shocked.. "No- no? Why would I be mad? You didn't ndo anything wrong.." My eyes fill up with tears and he sees that and pulls me into a hug.. I bury my face in his chest.. "Stefan.. It's okay.. I should have been patient.. I know you can't control it.. "

Damon's pov:
He started shakingly, though quietly crying in my embrace.. "It's okay stefan.. Sh.. It's fine.. " "I'm sorry.. I- I tried.. I really did.. " His voice is thick with tears and my heart's breaking at the way this 16 year old boy is crying in my arms, writhing.. "I know.. Little brother.. You didn't do anything wrong.. You're okay.. " " I didn't..?? " He asked, doubt evident in his teary eyes.. He was just as tall as me, but still a little boy to me.. "No.. Shh.. " I rubbed his back and felt him stop crying and he gave me a sad smile.. "Now come, it's your birthday! " He followed me and I made him stand near the cake but he didn't know what to do now.. Technically he did, but he was just unsure.. " Cut it.. " He looked at me like he was saying 'my birthday is supposed to be a bad thing, why are we celebrating? ' I just nodded to give him reassurance.. And he slowly picked up the knife cutting a piece, carefully, like if he does something even slightly wrong everything will be ruined and everyone will hate him.. He picks up the piece looking doubtfully at me, he makes me eat it first, then Bonnie and then keeps it down, "you don't want to eat? " Bonnie asked him, she made this cake because I didn't know how to, "no- i- I do.. " "Then why aren't you eating stef..? " He looked at me and it looked like he was asking if he should.. He never ate the cake on my birthday.. I always saved it from him and fed him the next day.. Didn't know the logic behind him, maybe he was just unsure about how father will react.. I took the piece in my hand and fed it to him as I saw tears forming in his eyes.. He hugged me tight.. " Happy 16th birthday little brother .. " "Thank you, I love you.. "

Authors note: okayyy 2 chapters left nowww also I've got this feeling that they won't be long chapters because I'm just wrapping it all up now, plus the second one is an epilogue. I hope y'all liked this.. Elena is freaky djsksk lmaoooo.. Have a good day and take care , love youuu💅🏻